iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Timbco 415ex??

Started by Firewoodjoe, July 24, 2021, 12:09:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firewoodjoe

Quote from: B.C.C. Lapp on August 17, 2021, 04:10:17 PM
Quote from: ehp on August 16, 2021, 12:41:14 PM
She looks good plus it's always nice to have good looking machines that are not beat to death cause lots of people will walk by you to the next logger cause they feel your machines reflect your work . Old beat up machines means your broke and  they worry about getting paid .
I'm starting to believe that very thing myself.

Joe the mule looks good.   Hate painting machines as well but it do look good.
Thanks. I'm going to try and get all my equipment painted by next winter. Like a year from now lol I Even made new decals for it and touched up a few more things. I'll post a finished pic latter. I had a good day in the harvester. No problems. About 20 cord was skidded and I'm ahead of him by 5 cord I'm guessing. Not bad for the first full day running one! If anyone can help how tight is the measuring wheel tension supposed to be. This really bounces and looses count.

mudfarmer

Two mules a buncher and a timbco? Man you sure are kicking ash!! Go back and read some of your old posts for an instant ego/morale boost!  8)

Firewoodjoe

😂 I'm just trying to get somewhere and not kill myself doing it. I'm still not convinced on the harvester. I can already see a BIG dangle head would be better for me. But gotta start somewhere. 

Skeans1

Quote from: Firewoodjoe on August 17, 2021, 05:56:47 PM
Quote from: B.C.C. Lapp on August 17, 2021, 04:10:17 PM
Quote from: ehp on August 16, 2021, 12:41:14 PM
She looks good plus it's always nice to have good looking machines that are not beat to death cause lots of people will walk by you to the next logger cause they feel your machines reflect your work . Old beat up machines means your broke and  they worry about getting paid .
I'm starting to believe that very thing myself.

Joe the mule looks good.   Hate painting machines as well but it do look good.
Thanks. I'm going to try and get all my equipment painted by next winter. Like a year from now lol I Even made new decals for it and touched up a few more things. I'll post a finished pic latter. I had a good day in the harvester. No problems. About 20 cord was skidded and I'm ahead of him by 5 cord I'm guessing. Not bad for the first full day running one! If anyone can help how tight is the measuring wheel tension supposed to be. This really bounces and looses count.
Tension is set with the spring and cup assembly attached to the rod off the measuring wheel arm. If it's bouncing a lot I'd almost bet the spring is broke or the rod is worn out.

leeroyjd

X2 on the spring. It'll likely come out in three or more pieces. Buy an extra spring too, especially if you are running it in bumpy wood.
Maybe you've already done this: when you get to a crotch, drop it, spin head, grab it and feed it in reverse till cut on large end is even with tip of stationary knife, zero measure, then roll in reverse. It'll be negative numbers. Like -14" for an 8' log, -38" for a 10' log, etc. You'll have to do the math as I don't remember the correct numbers.
Hopefully this makes sense as I found it a most useful option.

Firewoodjoe

Thanks. I looked at the spring assembly and it's red. So I'm assuming they replaced it(from a cat). I'm wondering if it needs more washers. 

Skeans1

Too many washers and you'll bend that rod if you're lucky if you're not so lucky you'll bend the pin that holds the rod to the measuring wheel arm. If you haven't fully pulled the spring out of the cup you won't be able to tell if it's broke or not but from what you're describing that's what the issue is.

chevytaHOE5674

Keep a spare spring or two on hand. Rough wood and cold temps those springs take a beating.

leeroyjd

Quote from: Firewoodjoe on August 17, 2021, 08:14:01 PM
😂 I'm just trying to get somewhere and not kill myself doing it. I'm still not convinced on the harvester. I can already see a BIG dangle head would be better for me. But gotta start somewhere.
Just beware of "cab flab" lol.

barbender

Too many irons in the fire

Plankton

Looks like you got a good machine. Hours aren't everything especially if pumps etc. Have already been done. The forwarder I run has 12k hrs and it's the most reliable machine they own.

Goodluck with it. Once you get more hours in the seat there will be no competion with handchopping

Firewoodjoe

Spring wasn't broke. Needed more washers. Definitely helped. I'm thinking the dealer fixed a few things and it hasn't been ran to see what needs fine tuned. Yes the machine is doing good. 20 cord a day is pretty easy for me so far. And come to find out the machine has unknown hours. The previous owner estimated. The meter says 10,000 but I now that's not right. Seems to be burning somewhere between 3.5 to 4 gallons and hour of fuel. I'm happy so far. 

mike_belben

You got a lowboy or are you hiring your moves?
Praise The Lord

Firewoodjoe

Mill hauls the heavy machines. Or I hire it done. I'd like to have a truck but with the insurance cost it's not worth it just to haul iron. 

mike_belben

Yeah thats a good deal. The truck has become a never ending compliance and insurance disaster. 
Praise The Lord

Thank You Sponsors!