iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

parts

Started by Peter Drouin, May 07, 2022, 06:41:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Drouin

Things are slowing at WM. When I order parts from Maine, [Ross] they have to get most sent from Ind.
I think things are going to get tight. Like, no blades or parts. 
I have towns around me buying snow tires now, so they have them this winter to plow. 
I have customers from all walks of life tell me how short thing are. 
No parts, can't get stuff.
Well, I do this sawing for a living full time.
So now I'm spending $$$ like a drunk sailor. I buy 6 boxes of blades at a time. They went up $200.00 from Jan first. From the last 6 I got.
I have more coming, and parts up the gazu. 
Mt shop will look like a WM store soon. Buying everything I can think of.
CBN wheels a ton of stuff.
Call me stupid, but I'll be running as long as I can get diesel, Just filled the tank $1265.00
Thinking of getting 10 new tires for the trucks too.
Have a customer races cars and is having a hard time getting tires.
I have logs for most of the summer. 
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

69bronco

Not looking good, what you can find has skyrocketed in price. Went to the steel yard the other day, came home with half of what I went for. I think it's just getting warmed up, hang on!

Stephen1

Peter what parts do you like to have on stock?
I have roller guide bearings, carriage bearings, wheel belts, 1 micro switch, an extra drive belt in stock 2 boxes of blades and 40 resharps. 
I see IDRY with a post on thier website about a huge increase in costs so they are going up in price. 
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

Bruno of NH

I'm going to be selling cbn wheels profiled to all brands of bands
I will be doing it through the forum.
The wheels come from Europe.
% of all sales back to the FF  
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Bruno of NH

Before any are sold , I'm going to try one and I will send on to a FF member with lots more sharping experience than I to do a test and review. 
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

richhiway

at my regular job I have over 50 trucks and construction equipment. Every thing is skyrocketing in price.
New heavy trucks can be as long as two years out with no estimate of cost.

Unless the price of fuel and other factors drive us into a deep economic downturn and no one buys anything for a period of time, these shortages will go on for years. 

Think about it, you can only make one, but everyday you have orders for 3. you will never catch up.

So take good care of what you have so it will last. Stock up on lubricants and consumables. 

Good Luck.
Woodmizer LT 40
New Holland 35 hp tractor
Stihl Chainsaws
Ford 340 Backhoe

moodnacreek

When I first learned to buy on E Bay you could find saw bits and shanks every day. I bought more than a lifetime supply.  13 boxes of carbide @ 100 ea. and I don't like carbide. 5 boxes of tugnsweld.around 10 of chrome and steel only if real cheap like $50. Got frost shanks for 2 saws also. The carbide today is over $400 a box. I have diamond files for the Dexter and diamond stones for the Jocky and Andrus grinders. The price of logs has not gone up much.  But FUEL!  I think this will slow all the spending people have been doing.

Peter Drouin

Quote from: Stephen1 on May 07, 2022, 07:31:28 AM
Peter what parts do you like to have on stock?
I have roller guide bearings, carriage bearings, wheel belts, 1 micro switch, an extra drive belt in stock 2 boxes of blades and 40 resharps.
I see IDRY with a post on thier website about a huge increase in costs so they are going up in price.

2 or 3 of every thing. I had a lot of stuff before. ;D
A&P saw Mill LLC.

farmfromkansas

I have been buying tires too.  Now walmart.com is high as the guys at the station. 
Most everything I enjoy doing turns out to be work

sawguy21

I was by the Ford dealership yesterday, the lot is empty! My logger buddy needs to replace his 22 year old Kenworth and nothing is available new or used. The grocery stores have a lot of empty space. Where is this going to end? It can't be all due to Covid.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Peter Drouin

I'm going to a place called Windy Ridge in Tamworth, NH tomorrow, [Loggers store] Getting the tools to make up my chains for my chainsaws and parts. I will save some $$$$$ to buy that LT70 when it comes up on CL.  For cheep.;D 
A&P saw Mill LLC.

thecfarm

In my little world is just my chainsaw.
I need to buy more chains. I am down to 3. 
Betcha the price went up from last year too.  ::)
I have 3 bars on hand, just in case.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Peter Drouin

Cfarm I can't see the price coming down soon, I know things are a little high now. So if anything, I get lock in on what I spend.
And none of it will go bad and spoil.  :D :D :D ;D
I hope all is well with you.
Looking to plant stuff in the green house this year. First time cents, Ann went to haven 3 years ago.
A&P saw Mill LLC.

thecfarm

Good luck with the plants, Ann will like that.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Oddman

Bought a 100' roll of chain yesterday, glad to find it at only $10 more than a couple months ago when I checked price last. 

One thing I think of is that the expectation or fear of inflation is driving the inflation by causing people to buy more now in fear of missing out on todays "lower" prices. Which is causing even shorter supply/higher prices.

Reports are out saying credit card debt is raising fast, are people feeling especially spendy or are they stocking up via credit at today's prices??

The higher energy and food costs will likely pull everyone's disposal income even lower which will turn the economy even worse. 

Bruno of NH

Peter,
You got me convinced to start stocking up on parts.
I have been on saw chains , now it will be mill parts.

moodnacreek

If it goes the way some think [big recession] we may not have to use these spare parts. Here sales have slowed down. My friend who has a nearby stone quarry says they are only crushing 1 day a week not 5. It appears fuel could be the straw that broke the camel's back.

boonesyard

There is no question this bubble is going to bust, the big R. 

For those of us that went through it in the 80's, we know how bad it can get. That one broke me. We were shingling new structures at $6/square  :o. In 1989 my gross for the year was $8,900, living in a trailer house, couldn't afford it, let it go and moved a wife and 1 yr old in with my with dad. That'll fill ya up with humble pie. That one took years to dig out of.

Unrest overseas, high and rising cost of everything, shortage of goods and supplies, crazy fuel prices, interest rates going up and banks still loose with money, a current administration that wants to print money,,,, not a good recipe.

We've got a number of aging diesel pickups on the road, past their normal trade-in life. I've been duct tape and bailing wiring them together, but the parts shortage is getting tough to keep them running. Saw a 2021 3/4 ton diesel with 26,000 miles at the dealership Saturday, nice truck. Salesman just told me the price,,,, $2,185 more than the sticker price new. The bubble will bust, and cash will be king.
LT50 wide
Riehl Steel Edger
iDRY Standard kiln
BMS 250/BMT 250
JD 4520 w/FEL
Cat TH255 Telehandler
lots of support equipment and not enough time

"I ain't here for a long time, I'm here for a good time"

DanMc

I spoke with one of the Woodmizer reps this weekend.  He said that the steel cost for WM has gone up 3x, and they are seeing declining margins.  The base LT35 price is now $1000 or more than I locked in with in Feb, and I got the debarker.
LT35HDG25
JD 4600, JD2210, JD332 tractors.
28 acres of trees, Still have all 10 fingers.
Jesus is Lord.

Walnut Beast

Well said Boonesyard! Talked to the trailer guys and they said things are still backed up getting trailers but definitely not as bad as it was. So it seems like the big ticket items are slowing way down on sales and things are tightening up and I think it's going to get nasty with prices that will be a chain reaction effecting everything and everyone in many different ways

moodnacreek

2 lengths [21'] of 2" #40 gal. pipe : $800

esteadle

I bought more chain and bands and sharpening stones than I'll ever need back in early 2017.

Bought Tools, Logs, Forklifts, Chainsaws, and so much other equipment. Bought 2 hybrid vehicles too (44, and 42 MPG). And I signed a 4 year lease.

All I knew then was that starting a trade war with the biggest manufacturing country in the world was a not going to end well. 

OlJarhead

Hmmm now you got me thinking.   I do t have spares for the mill!  I'm prepared for a lot of economic strife which I believe is coming  UT I didn't get sawmill parts!  Doh!
2016 LT40HD26 and Mahindra 5010 W/FEL WM Hundred Thousand BF Club Member

Peter Drouin

Windy Ridge was out of most stuff, did not know when they will get more. Came home with squat. ::)
Stopped at the Harley shop, got the last air filter for my bike.
A&P saw Mill LLC.

thecfarm

I only do firewood and just play in the woods. Nothing I hate worst is to need a bar or chain for my chainsaw and don't have one. 
I have a day job and can't just go to gets parts for the saw. 
Just like with all the nuts and bolts I have. I don't want to leave The Farm to get something.

YellowHammer

I'm doing the same thing, the time to order spare parts is before you need them, not after.  Especially the little, relatively inexpensive things.  
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Peter Drouin

Got 6 more boxes of blades yesterday, and a cbn wheel.
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Bruno of NH

I hope to get my sharpener, setter and cbn wheels by the weekend. 
I can set up and sharpener the first of 125 bands

Thank You Sponsors!