iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Noble's visit to Central Illinois

Started by whitepe, November 29, 2002, 06:40:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bro. Noble

Al,

I think we ought to have a gathering of all the forum members and have it in a central location-----let me check real quick where that would be-------looks like Branson Mo.

As far as those left coast sawyers, I'd feel sorry for them even if there were a bunch of them----just kiddin.

Noble
milking and logging and sawing and milking

ElectricAl

Noble,

Ya, Branson is centrally located for you and Bibby.

ElectricAl
Linda and I custom saw NHLA Grade Lumber, do retail sales, and provide Kiln Services full time.

whitepe

Noble and ElectricAL,
Have either one of you ever heard Heywood Banks song
titled "Interstate 80, Iowa"?
Heywood has been on Bob and Tom several times.
He was in Peoria last year and this. We went to
see him last year  He is one of the few comedians on Bob and Tom that is really funny and his material is okay for all ages. Check it out on heywoodbanks.com
Whitepe

blue by day, orange by night and green in between

DanG

YO, Noble "Skinflint" Barker! If you think you're gonna save gas money by having the FF gathering in yer back yard, consider that you will be providing the chicken and ribs, and doing all the legwork to get it together. Maybe you'd like to shift it down Arkey's way.

Seriously, though, if someone puts something together, I'll travel as far as I have to, to be there. :)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

ElectricAl

Whitepe,

I don't think I've heard the I-80, but  "wipper blades" is a gut buster.

ElectricAl
Linda and I custom saw NHLA Grade Lumber, do retail sales, and provide Kiln Services full time.

Bro. Noble

If we did such a thing in my backyard there wouldn't be much for me to do because this area has everything one could ask for.    

My Backyard

ADfields

Noble
Yes the same thing is going on with dairys.   Around 1990 8 dairy farmers in Chandler Arizona form a CO-OP to fend off the subbers that had sprung up all around them, people moved next to them then complain of the stink.   Thay found it to be of no use and moved all ther cows to one farm neer Congress Arizona, in the midle of noplace!   The farm thay bilt with ther selling out money from Chandler was set up for 35,000 head drylot, yes 35,000!   Thay bilt 2 milk barns that were both head to head double 40 quick out's so 160 stals per barn and thay bilt 2 of them barns, 320 cows in the barns at once!   Thay got it all bilt and were stocking it up when thay found thay had a shortage of ground water for all that stock so thay stoped around 27,000 head.   Last I knew thay were running along just fine at the 27,000 head of cows.   Thats all cows and the replacements are shiped to a place neer Maricopa Arizona till springing heavy, I cant find that place for all the feed lots in that part of the state and I have never been to it.   Also thay prosess all ther milk and ship it all over the west to stores labeled Shamrock Dairy.   Also buy milk from CA, NM, TX and OK becous thay cant keep up with just ther farm.

Shamrock Dairy's Congress Arizona farm, take a look it's something to behold!
http://terraserver.homeadvisor.msn.com/image.aspx?t=1&s=12&x=419&y=4729&z=12&w=1

Andy

Haytrader

Just heard on the news here in Kansas last week where a 5,000+ head dairy went bankrupt. It is in Greeley, County on the Colo. line. I am not sure whether it was one that moved here from Ariz. or Calif.
It doesn't stop there either. The big packing companies are trying to control the cattle market too. It is hard to find an individual to feed a pen of cattle now, especially since 9/11. Lots of empty pens and hay usage is down....... :(
Haytrader

Tom

I guess things are getting tough all over.  Tyson just pulled out of NE Florida and I understand out of the SE all together. The Chicken farmers are stunned and don't know what to do with their unpaid chicken barns.  They say that it doesn't look like another chicken processing company will move back into the area.  With the paper mills closing and now the chicken processing, this part of the country is really going to be hurt.

whitepe

Noble made another trip up to Pekin, Illinois on
Feb 22/23 to visit his Mother-in-law.  It was a whirlwind
trip as I think they spent about half of their time driving
and the other half visiting/sleeping.  Noble did have time
however to spend about an hour and a half visiting with
Rick Schmalzried and I in the coffee shop of the hotel
where they were staying. Since as I type this Noble
is probably on the road driving back to MO. we now have
lots of time to get all sorts of comments in about Noble's
apparel. You will notice that whitepe is being very loyal
and has his newly acquired FF hat proudly on top
of his balding head. Noble however has a hat of some
unknown vintage.   :D ;D

You can get a full size image on my --Photos MUST be in the Forestry Forum gallery!!!!!-- page --Photos MUST be in the Forestry Forum gallery!!!!!--.com/user/whitepe2

The full size image will give all of you folks with photo
editing skills a chance to unleash your creative process.
Who knows what we will see?   :)

Jeff

O.K. Perry, you just remember, you asked for this. Remember the song Here's my sign? :D

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Bro. Noble

We left Ill. about 4:30 this morning so we could get home before the snowstorm.  Arrived at 11:45 and it started snowing about noon.  I'm gonna catch up on the forum and then take a nap before milktime.

I enjoyed my visit with Rick and Perry-----apparently we had a blast.  I don't remember no tequila,  but my head hurt this morning.  

Thanks for the Cat 2 ton, Perry.

Noble

Mark M

Hey! - da tree amigos.  I saw dat show on tv once  ;)

whitepe

whitepe

Noble,
I think that Jeff has found a new whipping boy. :D

Mark M

Did ya ever notice how them fellas from Ill-a-noise all look a like?

whitepe

Mark M

I never did see tree identical twins wid one taller than the udder two  :o

whitepe

Mark,
Come on, let's be politically correct.
The term is vertically challenged.  ;D

Thank You Sponsors!