iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sawmill operator organizations.

Started by PM, November 22, 2007, 11:53:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PM

I am new to this site. Are there any organizations out there for portable sawillers, tha help regulate the industry? Like safety and such?

beenthere

Welcome PM
Does it need regulation? And if so, how do you figure it needs it? 

Just tryin to get a handle on what you are interested in learning here.... :)

Hope we can come up with some answers.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

LeeB

We've got a pretty good assocition or organization or what ever you want to call it right here on the forum. We all try to share our learning and experiances be it about safety, methods or where to get a good bowl of grits. I for one don't want to see any more regulation than we already have. I have way more government in my life than I want now.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

ellmoe

I think most of the small sawmillers are a rather independent lot. :) As Lee stated this is a pretty good "organization" here and we sure don't need anymore regulation, particularily of the government kind. Safety has its own threads here and this is a good place to learn. Just don't mention government and regulation again in the same breath and you'll get along with us just fine! :D

Welcome aboard!

Mark
Thirty plus years in the sawmill/millwork business. A sore back and arthritic fingers to prove it!

Ron Wenrich

The only organization that I know of that tries to regulate the industry is OSHA.  You don't want them there, since they don't understand the milling process.   ;)

You might have some luck if you joined your state forestry association.  There you would find a millers, landowners, foresters and loggers.  They have meetings only a couple of times a year, but, you can make some really good contacts.

Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Burlkraft

Quote from: beenthere on November 23, 2007, 01:39:57 AM
Welcome PM
Does it need regulation? And if so, how do you figure it needs it? 

Beenthere..........Jill outta be the regulator  :D  :D  :D  :D  She's been regulatin' me fer the last 5 months so hard I feel like an airline passenger. Just ask her that question and sit down...grab a cup of coffee and start writin' it down as she's dictatin'  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

LeeB

Forgive my manners, I forgot to welcome you aboard.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Thank You Sponsors!