iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Our house project

Started by okie, October 27, 2008, 11:26:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

okie

I am working on building a 32' x 56' home for my family. I will be doing 90% of this solo and on a tight budget. It will be framed with 6x6 posts and connectors like the ones Arkansawyer makes with 2x4 stud framing in between. Everything that can be cut for the house with my sawmill will be. The house will sit on a pier foundation. I dont have many pics on my computer but will try and find more and upload them. I bought our land 1 year ago, would love to be living there by this time next year.

Land as it looked when purchased 09/07 
6.5 acres of rough wooded land we will be building our home on using only lumber sawn with our sawmill 

This is the BB for the foundation. My dad and his friend helped me with this, I am glad they did as I woulda bet $1000 that those lines werent level......I woulda lost terribly.

Our land is nowhere near level, this and its location puts pouring a slab out of the picture for monetary reasons so we will be building our house on a pier foundation.

Logan 
My 6 year old son Logan helping me mix concrete for footings. I am 6' tall in the back, the boy is gonna be a hoss. 

Pouring 16" footings for pier foundation (this is the largest auger available at the rental place)
Striving to create a self sustaining homestead and lifestyle for my family and myself.

Warbird

Looks like nice land, okie.  I bet you guys are going to love living there.  Keep us posted on progress (with lots more pics!) as you can.

OneWithWood

The adventure begins!

Have fun and take lots of pics.
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Thank You Sponsors!