iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

forwarding on a slight grade

Started by 1270d, August 30, 2012, 08:12:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTL logger

It doesn't really get pinched you would have to look at it to believe how it works basically the top is a solid plate the bottom and side are one piece with the teeth around the edge that's mounted to the top on a bearing and driven by twin motors with gears if it does pinch it stops and the oil flow by passes. The lower arms get in the way more than the saw itself you can hold the button down and keep the saw out and running and use it like a planer to trim down larger branches after you cut them off. I remember when I ran the bar saw bottom trying to cut off bigger limbs and having the bar get pinched or chain fly off that was fun. I bought my original rotosaw base from Woodland they came and put it on I ran it for 20 min cut a 26 inch beech tree down with it never even slowed it down I was sold from that point it's a good choice if cutting big hardwoods for me anyhow

snowstorm

Quote from: 1270d on September 10, 2012, 10:16:09 AM
Sounds like logmax might be looking for a new sales guy.  Great pitch he has by the sounds of it.   Does the disc saw get in the way in some situations?  How about when you get pinched?  Or iis it alot more rare with a disc?
logmax now makes a fixed mount. i like the sthil bars they have a rubber seal around the oil hole. anybody know anything about lenght encoders? mine has a plastic disc that was glued on. i was told you can buy them on the internet.....well i cant find. so if you know where they hide them let me know

Thank You Sponsors!