iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

DR wood chopper tree shear cracks me up.

Started by semologger, August 05, 2013, 09:28:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

semologger

i am playing on youtube and came across this thing again. its a shear that you put on the front of a fourwheeler and drive into trees full blast cutting the trees off. i wonder how many people fly over the handle bars trying this fine product. i cant stop laughing.

justallan1

Do you have a link? That sounds entertaining to see. :D

Allan

semologger

wasnt sure if posting links from you tube was fine

mrector

I dunno... that thing looks like a blast!  Easily get pretty much any teenager hired to remove trees for pennys on the dollar.
Mikey
Woodmizer LT35HD25 brand new!
Stihl 044 and my favorite: ms260 pro
Homemade logging arch
Homemade hitch log picker-upper
DanG Deadheader log loading trailer.

semologger

ya think if ya made a bigger version you could put it on front of the skidder. ha.

DonT

A lady in Canada does make such a thing.They are called brush brutes.They work well mounted on a loader,but leave huge holes.

Raider Bill

I wonder what happens when they hit a stump hidden under that 4" or smaller tree?
Got to be tough on the ATV.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

giant splinter

DR  manufactures good equipment, this thing does look like it could launch you right over the handle bars, I bet there is a height limit to the tree because if it didn't knock it over forward and it gets around the shield I suspect that the operator would be swept off the seat and need to go find the OHV if it didn't turn around and run over him or her in the process. I don't see the humor in something like this at all but I do understand why people will laugh at this stuff.
roll with it

sandhills

This has come up in another topic on the forum and I posted there too.  My Landlord has one maybe two of these, Bill hit the nail on the head, most invasive erc around here have been mauled down by cattle so there will be a big stump underneath.  Also, my landlord said when they tell you they aren't hard on the atv, they must also sell and repair atvs. That said they do work good on intended trees of 2-3" and you don't have to hit them fast but they don't clean out the best in my experience.

Chuck White

Looking at the way the blades are lined up, I think I would rather mount the unit on a front-end-loader on a slow moving tractor!

A lot safer in my opinion!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Thank You Sponsors!