iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The scenery we sometimes neglect to see.

Started by redprospector, December 14, 2015, 01:20:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redprospector

Went down the mountain today to see my Mom. This evening we took a little ride up the Tularosa Basin to our property that were setting up the sawmill on. I don't generally pay much attention when I'm working, but the views from The Ponderosa (that's what I call our little spread  :D) were striking.

Looking East.

Looking West.

Sometimes we don't see the beauty around us because we're just too busy.

Let's see the scenery around your places.  ;D
1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

starmac

I don't do pictures, but you can just imagine the color white, and that will do. lol
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

Roxie

These photos were all taken with my cell phone while sitting in my office (the car) during the route I follow to drive Amish Special Children to their school.  The Amish call them slow getters. 

Spring

Summer

Autumn

Winter

Say when

redprospector

That's a beautiful place Roxie. I've never been to that part of the country.
Some day.
1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

Paul_H

Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

starmac

Cloudcroft is a beautiful area itself. Several years ago, I delivered a load to a newish settlement not far from there. Iirc it was called timberon, an absolutely beautiful place that I seriously considered buying some land at. I have heard they since paved the road to it, so it will not be what it once was, but it was sure nice then.

Autocar

Beautiful pictures even in this farm county I live in we have beautiful sun rises and sun sets. I always refer them to a Alberta sun set Ive got a friend up there and spent a few days over the years bow hunting with him. I never bow hunted but enjoyed setting in a barley feild waching beautiful red sun sets. Life is good !
Bill

starmac

Since logging season started I've been lucky enough to be looking at some awsome sunrises in the mountains most mornings,  Our days are getting so short I almost get to see the sunsets too on the same load.

redprospector

Quote from: starmac on December 14, 2015, 01:19:50 PM
Cloudcroft is a beautiful area itself. Several years ago, I delivered a load to a newish settlement not far from there. Iirc it was called timberon, an absolutely beautiful place that I seriously considered buying some land at. I have heard they since paved the road to it, so it will not be what it once was, but it was sure nice then.

Timberon is a pretty place about 30 miles South of Cloudcroft. It's a small community, spread out over a large area. Timberon is in a Ponderosa Pine forest, where Cloudcroft is in a Mixed Conifer forest. They did pave the road to Timberon a few years ago. City folks move up here and seem to want to pave everything.  :-\  This whole area is changing faster than I can keep up with. Not even close to the place it was 30 years ago, but it's still awful pretty.

This is some of the scenery on the way to Timberon.

starmac

When I was there most folks in NM had not even heard of Timberon, it was a nice laid back place.
We still have property in Northern NM north of Mora, all different , but some of the prettiest scenery in the state too.

samandothers

My only visits to New Mexico were for Philmont and Farmington for the Connie Mack World Series!

Each time there is was beautiful!

Thank You Sponsors!