iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

hydraulic issue....

Started by so il logger, October 27, 2016, 09:57:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiko

Yes that would be a flow restricter.  I have never seen those before,  I would think they would be in the rotate section.  Will they fit under the fitting on another section or is that section specially machined for them,  if so it is possible the valve was disassembled at some point and the valves were not stacked in the correct order.  By all means replace the seal you do have.

sandsawmill14

as big as the hoses feeding that valve are it could be to preventing clamp from slamming most likely when opening but this is just a guess and my opinion  :)
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

so il logger

My old valve didn't have any of them. Andy showed me where to put them. On this new valve one was already in place as the fitting was already in place.

I'm going to put it on the tractor as is and see what happens. I can easily replace the putter spool seals. I have 4 sided ones to go in if it leaks

kiko

so il logger

All the fitting inlets are same... They would fit wherever...

so il logger

I'm already sick of hydro issues.... I like the tractor going back and forth...

Kiko, can I send you my old valve bank? Check it out and I will have a spare

kiko

I would feel honored.  Will send info.

so il logger

Update, the control fixed the grapple rotation being slow one direction.

New pump cured the whine while working the functions, and strengthened the clamp squeezing power.

The main issue with the boom not raising under a heavy load turned out to be in a boom cylinder.

The head packing assembly had came loose, allowing fluid to bypass. On this tj it would exert great down pressure.... And minimal lifting power... While lowering the boom, it was putting the pressure against the head packing forcing it to make a better seal. So for future reference if anyone has a similar issue it won't hurt to check it out.

All it takes is the big nut to work loose. I measured the shaft to make sure it wasn't sstretching as well.

kiko

I am sure it is nice to have it back.  Usually it is one of the three,  pump , valve or cylinder.  In this case it seems it was all three.   Those 450c were the best skidder ever made,  with exception of the C series cat. IMO of course.

craigc

Southern,  Call Sarco Hydraulics out of Litchfield they can work on your skidder.
Rottne SMV, Timbco with Logmax 9000, JD 540B Grapple.

Thank You Sponsors!