iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wind powered sawmill

Started by Kingcha, June 08, 2017, 11:57:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kingcha

a Wood-mizer LT15 10hp Electric, 45hp Kioti tractor, electric smoker, wood-fired brick oven & yes a custom built Solar Kiln

50 Acre Jim

The engineering is unbelievable!
Go to work?  Probably Knott.  Because I cant.

ToddsPoint

Amazing.  And I thought my chain saw mill was slow.  Gary
Logosol M7, Stihl 660 and 290, Kubota L3901.

WV Sawmiller

Pretty slick. Thanks for posting.

I think it was the first time I went through Holland I learned (or at least was told), since the country is below sea level, the windmills were mostly used to run pumps to lift the water from your side of the dike over to your neighbor's side as it seeped through. He would do the same thing until eventually it was pumped all the way over the last dike to the sea.

While Norway we visited a water powered steel mill. The water wheel pumped a big bellows and forced air/oxygen into the forge get the charcoal they used (this was before Coke was used) hotter and melted the ore.

Those old timers were pretty amazing to figure these things out and build equipment that precise in their times.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

brianb88

That was very interesting. Thanks for sharing.
Measure twice, cut once

Thank You Sponsors!