iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

No Blue Bell

Started by Magicman, June 21, 2015, 09:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

It sounds like our Blue Bell Ice Cream factories had some serious health issues which closed them for an undetermined time.  Contaminated, but it surely was good. 

Looking for a substitute has not been easy, and so far, Blue Bunny is the winner.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

21incher

We like Wegmans ice cream, but they are only in the northeast. :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

scsmith42

Lynn, take heart!  I heard last week that Blue Bell has resumed shipments but will take some time before they are caught back up.
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

4x4American

Wasn't there a thread on here about ice cream companies putting propylene glycol in ice cream to make it soft?  Something about they didn't have to put it on the label if it was an industry standard?

I was talking with a guy who owns one of the companies that makes chemicals that they put in food products.  I asked him about if its true they put that in ice cream.  He said yes, but it's propylene glycol alginate, which I guess means it comes from seaweed somehow, and he said that it's not bad for you and he eats the ice cream.  He said that the things to watch out for are the foods that don't have an expiration date.  They have the worst chemicals in them, and there are alot of loopholes for food companies to get around the FDA.   :o
Boy, back in my day..

nmericle53

I agree Magicman. Bluebell is the best. We ought to get ours first since we are closer!! If we do I will bring you some.
Thank you GOD for blessing me much more than I deserve.

Martha White Nelson

Yes, Blue Bell is the best, but in a bind for ice cream, I found that HEB has their brand, Creamy Creations, to be second best and really good, with Blue Bunny coming in at third place.  Just sayin"
Martha

Thank You Sponsors!