iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

029 bar oiler quit.

Started by 9shooter, January 25, 2011, 02:51:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

9shooter

I have an old 029 that has been really reliable for years. I like it for topping. It seems the oiler has quit working. I have not dumped the oil out of the saw yet, figure to do this first. I have never cleaned out the tank. I expect junk in the tank is the problem but I was wondering what it takes to fix an oiler thats broken. I really don't know what it looks like and how to fix it. Can't see that it's all that hard. Probably a plastic or metal impeller?
Earth First! We'll log the other planet's later!

Buck

last one I did set me back about 40 bucks
Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

black

Look if the oil pickup filter in the tank is blocked, if not check the worm gear rods length. They tend to wear down and then don't hook in the clutch drum.
If that okay check the oil channels from the tank to pump and pump to bar. Use compressed air to unblock but open the oil cap for pressure buildup.
Lastly check the pump by removing it and turning the gear by hand to see its pumping.
Hope this helps

clww

When you pop the cover off, check that big plastic gear. Sometimes the teeth will just wear out and you end up with a round instead of a gear.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

black

The rod sometimes wears out its tension/grip around the worm gear and the rod slips on the plastic gear.

Thank You Sponsors!