iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

WM Resharp and FedEx

Started by pnyberg, May 03, 2012, 11:53:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pnyberg

When Wood-Mizer's Resharp program switched from UPS to FedEx last year, the instructions on the back of the return shipping labels only offered a phone number to call to arrange for a pickup.  Every time I had a box of blades to ship I had to call and give the same information.  It was not a big deal, but there was clearly room for improvement.

Recently I noticed that the instructions on the back of the label now also include an option to use the fedex.com website to schedule a pickup.  The instructions say that "user id and password are not required" to do this, but in the process of figuring out how to schedule my first pick via the web, I ended up creating an account, and I'm glad I did.

When I sign on at fedex.com, the site helpfully remembers most of the information needed to schedule a pickup, so the process only takes a click or two.  Isn't technology wonderful?

But wait, there's more.  Today I got a box of blades back from Hannibal that, as always, included an invoice and a pair of return labels.  But there was something different about the labels.  Pasted over the 'FROM:" section was another label that has my name, my WM customer number, a bar code, and a message that says "Please DO NOT Remove this label".  So now, I don't even have to print my name and address on the label anymore, just peal  it off and slap it on.

This is just getting too easy.

--Peter
No longer milling

Jim_Rogers

Great to know thanks for posting.
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Don K

I recently used the Fedex system and it was flawless. Good turnaround from the boys in GA. Soon to send out another box.

Don
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

Magicman

It will be interesting to see if Georgia is also printing the information on the labels.  I have one box at ReSharp now and another about ready to go.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Road Runner

I just got some bands back from GA and the labels they sent had the info on them.  Sending the bands to ReSharp was easy and will be even easier with the new labels.  The switch from UPS to FED EX seems to be a good one now that it appears that the bugs have been worked out.
WM LT40G25, Kubota MX5100, Husqvarna 365 & R460

mikeb1079

i just sent and received my first box from resharp.  it went fine but it sounds like setting up a fedex account is even better, thanks for the post peter.   :)
that's why you must play di drum...to blow the big guys mind!
homebuilt 16hp mill
99 wm superhydraulic w/42hp kubota

Kansas

We don't use resharp, but I have been pleasantly surprised by the blades and parts that Fed Ex has shipped in. They get there a lot earlier in the day than UPS. Granted, we can arrange to meet the UPS truck and get them earlier. And I sure don't complain about that. Both outfits have been good to us. I had a negative view of Fed Ex before this. I do not now.

Nomad

I don't use Resharp either, but the last parts I ordered I got an estimated delivery date from WM.  FedEx showed a date one day earlier, and that's when they arrived.  I was impressed!
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

Thank You Sponsors!