iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

1978 clark 664

Started by vatkins, May 17, 2015, 06:47:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coxy

ez off oven cleaner works great to  :)

treeslayer2003

boys on the clark, there is no cooler like your thinking. it is inside the radiator like a car or pick up.
vatkins, yes air, but not full pressure.

i cut alot stuff that size and bigger. i don't use chokers any more for those, i have a large choker bell on the mainline.

kiko

An issue with transmission pump suction hose could cause all the symptoms you describe .  Check the clamps and also pay attention to the size of the hose.  Many times I have found where the suction hose was slightly too large and it was attempted to make up the difference with the clamp.  It should be difficult to slide the hose on nipples, then clamp it.  This will heat the torque convertor with a quickness especially under load.

oldseabee

Stall speed on Clarks are taken with trans in high gear and hydraulics over relief. 664&664B cable main relief 1600PSI, grapple 2000 PSI, both oils need to be hot 180 deg.stall speed 664/664B cable with C273 convertor, 1920-2080 rpm with C272 convertor 1540-1820 rpm, grapple 1790-1920 rpm. To stall convertor for preheat high gear at 3/4 throttle for no more then 30 seconds at a time put trans in neutral for free flow for 30 seconds to even out the heat, do the same for the hydraulics.

vatkins

Treeslayer any chance u can post a picture of the tranny filter? I can't see anything I think is a filter for it. I flushed out the radiator n filled with new coolant. Then pressure washed the fins. Hope n she runs cooler now. The dip stick tube is leaking. Is it a compression fitting or something else? Are the rear axle seals the same as the fronts? Looks like I'll be change them to. also gonna have do the center pins, front end pins if you guys have any advice on them? Thanks

treeslayer2003

lets see here..........

i had this stuff made at a machine shop for the front cradle on my 666. the center will be the same parts plus brass washers and some shims.

see that bright yellow canister on the right side peeking from behind the air breather? thats the trans filter. my 666 has a spin on but its in the same location.

i may have specs some where on the pins and bushings. those are repair weldments in the pic, the bushing is a spherical bearing.

vatkins

Thanks! I'll look again this Friday. The filter must be in a return line of some sort right. Wondering if it can be restricting flow to or from the cooler? The pins n bushing look easy enough for me to make. The spherical eye I'll hAve to order.  The pump I see on the left rear of the torque converter is the hydraulic pump right? I noticed on mine the suction hose is not as it should be. Thanks again. Wish you were closer I could help you with the machining

treeslayer2003

thats the tranmission charge pump, the lower right is the hydro pump for steering and blade. it is always bigger than the charge pump.
yes the filter could be restricting flow. i have numbers some where for the major brand bearings, ebay or a bearing house is cheapest route, but i like name brand ones.

i wish you was closer to, i got charged pretty good for what you see there. pins, 1-3/4" drill rod, weldments are just iron like the frame, nothing moves in those.

vatkins

Pretty sure my Skidder has had the filter removed Treeslayer. Is the filter in the line coming off the right side of the oil cooler? I can see a bracket where something once was near the right end of the air cleaner but on the motor. Thinking I can put one back on if it simple is in line on the right oil cooler line? What's the hex chrome looking thing in the bottom left of the tranny just behind the left step? Theres a small opening there.

vatkins

vatkins

This is where I think you say the tranny filter would be. 

vatkins

I also see to pumps. The one with the funny looking suction hose ( right one) is the hydraulic pump right? What does the left pump run?

vatkins

The hose is under the drive shaft in the pic.

kiko

There it is,  the transmission suction hose.  Looks like a radiator hose( at least from here) should have suction hose and suction hose clamps.  Edit. Just looked back at the picture,  to tell for sure which is which just see where the suction hose comes from.  I think the smaller pump on the right will be your transmission pump.

treeslayer2003

if i'm right, that rad looking hose goes to the hydro tank to the left and if so is the steering pump. this being the case, it looks like the charge pump on the left has been replaced.

vatkins, your filter is missing. yes it goes in line with the cooler line, i think to the converter. i would have to look to be sure. if you get a filter housing, you need to verify specs for flow and bypass. charge pump pressurizes the trans and fills the converter.

treeslayer2003

Quote from: vatkins on August 18, 2015, 10:23:18 PM
Try n this pic thing
drain plug. and there is a screen behind it if memory serves........

slakwire

Morning,  new to the site.  Do you know what the plugs are on the side of the diffs?  Manual says screw with a nut at the end. Thanks.

Thank You Sponsors!