iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Diesel lube

Started by KWood255, March 31, 2022, 09:11:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

barbender

Percy, I'll feel absolutely genius if it works😁 I was looking in my tank one day when I was having fuel issues, and observed the strong stream of fuel being sent back to tank. And a light bulb went on😊 The volume looks very similar to what comes out of the type of pump WM uses for the Lubemizer. So I'll try that style of nozzle and see if there is enough pressure to make it spray a fan pattern. If not I'll just set it up so it will drip when I hit the solenoid. Less is more with diesel for sure. In the summer, with a lot of stuff I'll still use water when that's all that is needed. While water makes a mess, it dies knock the dust down when I am sawing drier wood like cedar and that is the primary benefit to me. Otherwise just a tiny drip here and there to keep that blade clean. I just don't want to have to use a spray bottle anymore, man!😂
Too many irons in the fire

Percy

Quote from: barbender on April 06, 2022, 08:06:18 PM
Percy, I'll feel absolutely genius if it works😁 I was looking in my tank one day when I was having fuel issues, and observed the strong stream of fuel being sent back to tank. And a light bulb went on😊 The volume looks very similar to what comes out of the type of pump WM uses for the Lubemizer. So I'll try that style of nozzle and see if there is enough pressure to make it spray a fan pattern. If not I'll just set it up so it will drip when I hit the solenoid. Less is more with diesel for sure. In the summer, with a lot of stuff I'll still use water when that's all that is needed. While water makes a mess, it dies knock the dust down when I am sawing drier wood like cedar and that is the primary benefit to me. Otherwise just a tiny drip here and there to keep that blade clean. I just don't want to have to use a spray bottle anymore, man!
It will work I'm sure. I hooked a fuel drip  solonoid I got from Woodmizer to the wires that went to the lubemizer pump. You could go without but there is a chance you could siphon out all your fuel overnight. At worst case scenario, you may have to restrict the return line downstream from your T connection to get a decent spra but I doubt it. Regardless, I love being woken up by simplicity and answers that are enginious but not always visible to me👍👍
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

barbender

I always love when I see an extremely simple solution that is very effective. Typically it isn't me that comes up with them, though. I'm more of the Rube Goldberg school of engineering😂
Too many irons in the fire

YellowHammer

That is a great idea.
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Thank You Sponsors!