iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Another nice area and logs.

Started by Magicman, March 29, 2011, 03:40:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Like Customsawyer's job, this one looked really nice when I drove up to check it.  It is mostly Cherrybark Oak, with a few SYP and ERC thrown in.  It will all be used for inside wall paneling in the customer's new "Deer Camp".  I will not start this job until April 15th.

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Buck

Is your customer an accountant waiting on his day off?
Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

Magicman

:D :D  Looked that way.  Actually, I don't remember what he does, but it was his Son that was having a problem getting off from work to tail the mill.  If we don't get-r-all-done that Friday, I have agreed to work Saturday the 16th.

With all of this planning, I hope that it doesn't rain on our parade.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

kderby

I want to move there.  They have green grass.  They don't have mud.  It looks wonderful.

Can you tell that winter is wearing on me?  90% chance of rain tomorrow, again....still.....arghhhhh :( :( :(.

LeeB

How will you saw that big buttlog? Parallel to the bark or take out the taper?
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Magicman

LeeB, that butt log has a hollow spot on one side.  I will have to saw it parallel to the bark by necessity.  He also wants a 2X24 out of it?  That's what he wants, that is what he gets.  ;)  The smallest of the large logs is 18" little end.  The smallest on the left pile is 10".  He only felled two Oak trees.  The smallest ERC is 6" and up to about 16".

All of those logs will be 1X4's and 1X8's.  He is going to sticker it for 6-9 months and then take it to a kiln and then T&G.  It will all be used for inside paneling.  That is the front porch of his new cabin in the background.

rambo

DRB

ERC is Eastern Red Cedar.

Nice looking logs on that nice pile a joy to saw that.

Thank You Sponsors!