iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

mobile mechanic rates

Started by mike_belben, January 17, 2019, 04:48:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

starmac

When I ran my service trucks, I charged a set rate plus mileage to get to the job, came home on my dime. My rate was a little better than hourly too though. I charged mileage for chasing parts at a slightly less rate, and never done it myself if I could help it, I had several people that chased parts for me, using their own vehicle and gas for a fee. 
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

Carl Hankins

When I had my shop, I did work for (national break down services) they called me with a number to contact the driver and company that was requesting the repairs, (this is a service provider you pay for referrals) our rate was 85.00 per hour (2 hour minimum) 1.00 dollar per mile and parts were marked up 35% up to 1,000.00 dollars and 30% after that,we turned work down everyday.
Carl Hankins some call me Hank

mike_belben

These days im driving a pete 379, out 5 or 6 days a week.  Not sure what the future holds but im still chipping away at it all as the good lord allows.  Thanks to everyone for all the emails and concern.  I had to quit playing on the internet to accomplish anything and cold turkey was the only way.   
Praise The Lord

barbender

I hear you Mike- I love to be on here, but nothing's getting done when I am. I'm glad to hear that all is well!
Too many irons in the fire

Bruno of NH

Glad to hear from you Mike
Keep the faith
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

teakwood

Hi Mike, it's nice to hear from you and have you back on the FF! We all hope your're doing well
National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

starmac

Glad to hear you have something going on, hope truckin is treating you good. I have gone back to running my road truck myself.
I keep telling them I'm old, but they don't care and have been trying to run this old man to death. lol
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

mike_belben

Yeah these hundred hour weeks are making me older, fatter and grayer.  But by the good lords grace we are all doing fantastic.  Junior turned 6 few days ago, got a special delivery. Wife quit her job to stay home full time.  Im dispatching myself and chasing money freight wherever it leads, staying out 7 - 10 days at a time.  Bagged sand to pittsburgh right now.  They set pipeline ontop of sand bags in the trench for cushion.  Load to truck ratio there is good, syracuse was all garbage.  

Praise The Lord

Southside

Good to hear it's working well for you Mike!  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

mike_belben

Yeah its all great except the blood alcohol limit on a CDL.  The only drinkin and drivin i can do now is up and down the street on my mower.  

;D
Praise The Lord

Southside

Every now and then you see in the news where someone got busted for OUI on a mower.  I wonder if the sobriety tests involve mowing a straight line.   :D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

nativewolf

Good to hear you've been making some $.  Bank it up, this economy has to take a tumble for a year or two at some point, we have been growing like gangbusters since the start of Obama's second term and even though logging is getting the stiff end of things (with farmers) the economy is still strong.  A 6 year run without a recession is sort of strange so put aside for the rainy days and enjoy the kids.  Watch the junk food on the road, that's a dangerous path!  You looked a good bit skinnier a couple of years ago.  

Kids look great!  Keep us posted on the travels and if you ever come through Front Royal/Winchester/Manassas area give me a call.
Liking Walnut

mike_belben

I cant mow a straight line sober!  And i sure dont wanna go back to starving either!  

Bubbles bust.  Theres gonna be a lot of liquidation sales i reckon. In economics, its not political or personal, its statistical.  High follow lows, lows follow highs.  Trends must reverse.  The longer a trend is sustained, the more intense must be its reversal.  These are laws of economics.  wall st/gov can only alter them for so long with bond buying and money printing and so forth.  The old rules always come rushing back in and the stacked deck always comes crashing back down.  

I cant wait for the crash. 
Praise The Lord

mike_belben

Wyatt what highways are you closest to?  I pass winchester pretty often but try to stay out of DC metro, altho theres tons of freight going in that sometimes pays.

I was passing thru upstate NY yesterday and got wined/dined by the king of conesville.  Theres nothing flat out there but the surface of the ponds. Every bit as steep as WV, KY or south of pittsburg.

Praise The Lord

Old Greenhorn

i recognize those photos! You were in the midtown section of the thriving metropolis of Conesville at the Conesville Country Store. I have eaten there twice in one day. Great place, great folks, great food. Glad you hooked up, hope both you ans Eric are well.
 EDIT: Did Eric mention if he got his boom re-welded and back in service?
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

nativewolf

Mike,

I am almost dead center in Delaplane, VA.  Bout 20 mins east of Winchester.  I'll sneak some logs on your trailer if you come through.  
Liking Walnut

Old Greenhorn

BTW Mike, welcome to the Catskills. Hope you enjoyed your visit, driving it with a rig is not really very relaxing though. Truly nothing is flay here. WHen Eric says he is "working some steep ground" now you have a good idea what he means. The ponds and reservoirs look flat, but actually I think they are on a slant. ;D :D
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Dave Shepard

I did a job in Tannersville a couple of years ago. Going out 23 through the gorge is something. Nothing flat when you get to the top. 
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

mike_belben

I used to go to westerlo, armenia and hunter mtn with my grandparents actually, im from mass.  Its pretty much the same mtns as whats down south around morgantown or asheville. 

Loader got fixed today

Praise The Lord

luvmexfood

Mike. I was in your neck of the woods last week. Spent 3 nights working in the Food City that is getting remodeled. 
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

BargeMonkey

Mike it was good to finally meet you, wish I hadnt been on a dead run trying to get my loader fixed. You've got to stop back when I've got them dancing for dollars next door 😂 

mike_belben

Sounds good, I'll raid the kids piggy bank. They'll understand, some day.  

Quote from: luvmexfood on July 05, 2019, 05:50:44 PM
Mike. I was in your neck of the woods last week. Spent 3 nights working in the Food City that is getting remodeled.

In tennessee?  I havent been there in quite a while!   :D

Praise The Lord

luvmexfood

Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

mike_belben

Well im sorry i missed ya.  be back anytime soon?
Praise The Lord

mike_belben

Went fishing with the sennebogen.  Got a bite, reeled it in. 

Turned out to be an endangered squirt boom fish. I threw it in my bucket and dragged it home. 
Praise The Lord

Thank You Sponsors!