iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Took The Plunge..

Started by Stan Willis 49, December 02, 2012, 05:58:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stan Willis 49

Went to Newnan Ga, Friday and look at what followed me Home.. Many thanks to all of the people that work there , and especially Earl Hazelwood who really was a great help..  Assembly was very easy, other than labor intensive. Now it's time to make some sawdust..

img]https://forestryforum.com/gallery/albums/userpics/30319/IMG_0882%7E1.JPG[/img]

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Congrats on your new mill. Sounds like you got the fever.
Earl's a good guy.....knows his Quarter Sawing.

Good choice Stan.  smiley_thumbsup
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

thecfarm

There no more chainsaw mill for you.

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

ladylake

Your just a blind as me I don't see it either   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

ladylake

Now I see it, looks good nice mill.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Stan Willis 49

Had to repost -- almost forgot how to upload pictures

Ga Mtn Man

Man that's purdy.  Congrats and have fun!
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Stan Willis 49

Thecfarm I hate to say it but will still run CSM every once and a while-- That two stroke smell is addictive.. 

SPD748

That's one nice mill! Congratulations!

About that 2 stroke diesel smell... I completely agree :)

-lee
Frick 0 Handset - A continuing project dedicated to my Dad.

410 Deere, 240 Massey... I really need a rough terrain forklift :)

Sawing Since 1-19-2013 @ 3:30 pm
Serving Since 2002
"Some police officers give tickets, some gave all."

ladylake

Quote from: Stan Willis 49 on December 02, 2012, 06:28:48 PM
Thecfarm I hate to say it but will still run CSM every once and a while-- That two stroke smell is addictive..
[/

quote]   

Hate to tell you, you won't be running the chainsaw mill much.  Maybe for the big ones.  Steve

Dave Shepard

Congrats!

Is that a tree growing up through that framework? WDH will be honored. :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Stan Willis 49

Sat mill up in old greenhouse and yes there is a tree growing up through frame.. Its not large enough to saw now so I will enjoy shade until it gets a little bigger.

Sixacresand

Congratulations on new Mill, Stan.  I had a similar experience a couple of years ago when I went to Newnan.
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

hamish

Congradulations!

How did the assembly become labour intensive?
Norwood ML26, Jonsered 2152, Husqvarna 353, 346,555,372,576

Stan Willis 49

When you have to assemble saw , clear underbrush from where you will install it , and have all of your tools that you need in your shop that is on other side of property--It becomes labor intensive..My helper (wife) had family obligations so this became a one man show..

WDH

You will really like that mill.  What are you planning to saw?
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Stan Willis 49

Hi WDH , plan on cutting for myself and a few friends to start out.. Have had mill for one weekend and already have two people wanting cedar and poplar logs sawn. I have 15 acres and  we usually loose a couple of large oak logs from creek bank erosion each year.   I think if you get out and talk to people about mill ,work will find you..

WDH

When I get back over that way, I will let you know.  I know where there is a whack of cedar logs  :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on December 02, 2012, 09:09:59 PM
When I get back over that way, I will let you know.  I know where there is a whack of cedar logs  :).

Tell me...... ;D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

WDH

It would be too long of a haul for you  :).

Magicman

Congratulation on taking the sawdust plunge.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Stan Willis 49

WDH would still like to get together after first of year.  Cut my first log today made a nice stack of 1x12 SYP that has some nice color in it. Would love to get into that stash of cedar as my wife has about ten projects lined up for me

MotorSeven

Congrats...your gonna love that LT15!
WoodMizer LT15 27' bed

Peter Drouin

Nice mill you will have fun with that 8)
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Thank You Sponsors!