iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Rainbow

Started by redprospector, November 21, 2016, 10:25:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redprospector

There was no pot of gold at the end of this rainbow, only logs. Do ya reckon I was at the wrong end of it?  :D

A reminder of God's promise.  ;D
1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

Magicman

That is a beauty and no, you were not on the wrong end my friend.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

DDW_OR

one time in Montana i saw THREE rainbows stacked one on top of the other.
Near Columbia Falls, at the Hwy 2 bridge looking at bad rock canyon.
they started at Teakettle and ended at Columbia mountain.
was before digital cameras or cell phones.

the computer was Commodore 64.
"let the machines do the work"

YellowHammer

Cool.  For some reason I had the urge to quartersaw the rainbow, see what kind of fleck was inside....
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

redprospector

I guess you really can't capture a rainbow on camera. It was just so awesome that I had to stop milling and just enjoy it for a few minutes.  :)
1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

Kbeitz

Them gold in them logs....
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Ianab

QuoteI guess you really can't capture a rainbow on camera.

It's hard to capture because camera sensors "see" light and contrast differently and your brain interprets what you see for you. So an impressive rainbow looks a lot better in the sky than in a picture.

With a good camera and some photoshop work you can  adjust the image to appear more like what you remember seeing.
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

thecfarm

Looks like a double rainbow,on the right. Don't see many,and they don't last long,enjoy them when you see one.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Sheepkeeper

The hurry-er I go the behind-er I get.

terrifictimbersllc

Quote from: YellowHammer on November 22, 2016, 12:02:10 AM
Cool.  For some reason I had the urge to quartersaw the rainbow, see what kind of fleck was inside....
they always come apart when they dry out  ::)
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

redprospector

Quote from: thecfarm on November 22, 2016, 05:52:07 AM
Looks like a double rainbow,on the right. Don't see many,and they don't last long,enjoy them when you see one.
It was double, on both ends. In the middle, the top one just went into the clouds.
We may not get as many rainbows in the desert southwest, but they're usually pretty impressive when we do get them. ;D

Gearbox

My Granddaughter and her friend were killed on a 4 wheeler about 10 years ago in MT . That week we were there we saw double rainbows about 3 or 4 times . I think god was telling us I got this .
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

tnaz

That week we were there we saw double rainbows about 3 or 4 times . I think God was telling us I got this .

I think you were/are spot on Gearbox.  Very sorry for your loss.

Terry

Thank You Sponsors!