iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather 2024

Started by thecfarm, January 01, 2024, 12:01:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

Showers here, sun once in awhile, barely 50°F today. 
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

38° F this morning and clear as a bell out there.  :sunny:  Some lower spots have frost this morning. It's 29° F in Presque Isle, Maine this morning.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

I have 36° and fog. Can't even see the field across the road.
Looks like 60 and mostly cloudy today.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Peter Drouin

I have mud, again. again. again. again. smiley_thumbsdown
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

thecfarm

On my way to work and the sun is out bright!!!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Old Greenhorn

Not gonna see any sun here today. It took all last evening for the dew point and the air temp to coincide and allow rain, which started just after midnight. We are now well over 1/2" of rain and a lot more coming through the day. Glad I got the grass cut yesterday, this rain would have forced me to get a brush hog or sickle mower to cut it. ffcheesy
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Jim_Rogers

TV news said still 14,000 + without power in NC. Lot more without power in other states as well. FL had the most without.
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Ljohnsaw

70° here this morning heading to 92°
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

SwampDonkey

Widened out the garden some to give more room to the tomatoes and peppers. Ground is a little packy this morning from the little bit of rain we got.

SwampDonkey

Northern lights last night here.

36°F this morning and another decent dry day to start anyway. Got to work up some garden and put the onions in.  ffsmiley  The black flies will likely be out chewing by mid morning. Might see 60° today. Yesterday was 55°F.

Peter Drouin

Sun 2 days in a row. The mud is drying up. ffcool
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

thecfarm

Mostly cloudy here all day, but it will be a dry day!!!
56° for a high.
Greenhouse is getting there.

woodroe

Rhubarb close to ready for Jam and Pie. 
Missed the light show last night, tired.  zzzz_smiley Maybe tonight.
Still burning wood with close to freezing mornings .
Skidding firewood with a kubota L3300.

SwampDonkey

I've got one old crown of Rhubarb you could pick now. The one beside it seems to be slow this spring, usually just as big. Both had stalks the size of your wrist last spring. They were huge. Maybe no snow cover affected the other one? Usually a big drift across the garden, but recently the breeze way has closed up with birch trees. I suspect some stuff will have less fruit this year, the raspberries and grapes were heavy with fruit last year. I have enough jam for 2 more years. I eat it every day to.  ffcheesy

SwampDonkey

No fire yesterday morning, but afternoon sun and open windows cooled it off a little, so made an evening smudge. I leave my bedroom window open from April onward until we get that heat and high humidity days. Late evening or a nice summer cold front and up she goes again.  ffwave  Could see some rain mid week, but so far their rain forecasts have turned into dry popcorn.  ffcheesy  

Fiddle heads here are gone by now, 2 foot tall fronds now. And I never saw any last week up at a couple patches I have. Mom bought some from a neighbor, ate some, froze some, gave some away to a couple senior friends.  :thumbsup:

SwampDonkey

Old Greenhorn

46° here and solid overcast with light rain plodding through until at least noon. Another grey day. We had sun yesterday morning up until around 2pm then it clouded over until we were socked in by 7pm. No light show here again.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

thecfarm

I have 44° and another cloudy day. No sun today.
I have only turned the heat off, I think, once so far.

thecfarm

38° this morning, should get to 65 today.
There was some sun yesterday after all!!! 

SwampDonkey

I make a smudge here every morning lately, does 24 hrs unless a cold rain in the 40's all day. Was 45° here this morning and got to 66° here this afternoon. I've got a little bit of firewood I want to burn up and then stack new wood in the basement. Not a lot of the old stuff left inside. I have 2-1/2 cords dry outside under the porch though. 

The ground hasn't been muddy around here for a long time, dry and hard as summer. So not fighting mud. So far just little spirts of rain in the 1/4" range about 4 times this month. Looks like showers for next two days, but nothing to brag about.

Magicman

We got a bit over 4" of rain from that soaking yesterday. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SwampDonkey

So far today we've had just a short spurt of sprinkles around 3:00 pm. Suppose to do that for 3 days. Doesn't sound like much coming.  The beech tree out back sure opened up the last 2 days. Going to be in the 70's for the next week

Magicman

We also got a blow Sunday night.  I had about a 100 mile trip to make this morning and saw probably 25+ Oak trees down. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

I think we hit 70 today. Was cloudy in the morning, but when the sun came out the temp went up.

thecfarm

Looks to be another 70° day, 74 today.
About 54° this morning.
The heat will be off again today.
Have not been a warm May. I only turned the heat off a few times this month.
No frost in sight in 10 days. Will have to see what the next 10 days look like.
Had supper last night and I went outside to do some work and it just started to rain.

Thank You Sponsors!