iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Power drive down the track for band mill...

Started by Ljohnsaw, March 25, 2015, 12:30:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ladylake

My TK B20 with well over 10000 hours uses  2  #40 chains with everything still original except the bronze bushings in the front idler sprockets.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

terrifictimbersllc

In another year my 2001 LT40's feed chain will probably be out of adjustment (the threaded tail end rod pulled all the way to end of its threads).   Would I shorten the chain or should it be replaced?  Probably 3500 hr by then let's say.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Peter Drouin

Quote from: terrifictimbersllc on April 05, 2015, 06:52:49 AM
In another year my 2001 LT40's feed chain will probably be out of adjustment (the threaded tail end rod pulled all the way to end of its threads).   Would I shorten the chain or should it be replaced?  Probably 3500 hr by then let's say.

I cut some of mine off, 2 links, works well, 
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Magicman

It probably would be a good idea to remove the covers and check the power feed sprockets.  If they look good, then tighten it up and keep going.  The first thing that will probably happen will be a sprocket bearing failure.  When that happens, then replace the sprockets, bearings, and the chain which all need to be replaced at the same time anyway.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!