iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

timberjack 230A forwarder

Started by ehp, January 03, 2016, 06:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ehp

right here I think pretty much is about the only place I know of that log prices are still going up not down, my lower number 2 common hard maple went up to $800 a 1000 this week , number 1 is at $1100 for saw logs . I sure know what I have to pay for standing timber sure has not gone down at all

timberlinetree

Logs still seem to be in demand,pulp got me worried.  Do you have a radio in that forwarder?
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

ehp

around here right now we can still move the pallet grade stuff but I think that will come to a end as most mills are getting full but then again I would not cut a load of pallet logs in 2 or 3 months . Once I get the forwarder down here I will check everything out , I did not see a radio but there is a place for one and it will have one in it . I know I want more lights on it as well cause most hauling with it will be in the dark , I'm a one man logging show so day light hours will be used for falling timber and skidding, cutting up

ehp

the 610 made it today from up north , now I got to go to work  8)

timberlinetree

Nice! Glad it made it and ready to start working it. Work safe!

Ken

One of the only regular problems I had with mine was housing bolts.  Keep a close eye on them.
Lots of toys for working in the bush

barbender

Too many irons in the fire

ehp

thanks Ken, I got a complete set of new bolts sitting here . The back rearend on my 230A was moving so I bought a couple sets of new bolts and nuts for it . Machine is not as wide as they told me , its about 11 feet 6 inches wide, blade is 10 feet wide

ehp

super mild out and its going to rain so I'm going to check the 610 over and maybe take it for is first load ,I hope no one is watching cause this is going to be a long time to load  ;D, everything on this loader is backwards to what I'm use to using , my Dad set all the loader up to the way he wanted them which is backwards to everyone else

ehp

well it rained most of the day so super wet out, figured I could not log so might as well try this forwarder out and see what I got , Once it got warmed up I got a small leak and I'm thinking its in a line so will have to change that, machine has more than enough power to do this job . I brought out 2 loads , first load was 15 veneer logs , most are 10 to 12 footers so I'm sure 2000 feet , second load I put on 32 saw logs and that is all the room I had and a lot heavier , saw logs are less in scale but I'm sure I had 3,000 feet on it . I'm going to switch some of the controls to the way Im use to running a loader , every control is backwards to me and I'm going to kill me or someone else the way it is , I would of been far better off never running a loader before . I did not take any pictures or videos for you guys to laugh at  ;D

bushmechanic

A word of advice if you are going to change the functions of the loader do it on the electrics side of things as the hydraulics are set for specfic functions and changing it with the hoses will change the pressures of the functions.

timberlinetree

They used to switch me from the road bucket trucks to the woods skidder w a different type of bucket with different controls. It wouldn't take to long to get use to. Good luck and work safe!

Corley5

My "new" Franklin forwarder is different than my Tree Farmer.  Only the bucket spin lever is the same.  I ran it a while a few days ago and got so frustrated I went back to the Tree Farmer to get what I needed done done but not before I broke a hose on the bucket.  Should have quit sooner ;)  The Franklin has two valves with float positions for the swing and main boom and they're in different positions than the Tree Farmer so we can't switch much around to make them operate the same.  I'll get used to it.  I did switch the Tree Farmer to work like the Iron Mule.  Old habits die hard  ;D :D
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Thank You Sponsors!