iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Fire in southern Oregon

Started by Fixitman, September 12, 2020, 09:45:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fixitman

Hello, everyone this is my first post. I have been here a while mostly looking at chainsaw stuff.
        This year has been dry but not to many fires. Some small 5 to 10 acre stuff. Till last Tuesday 9/8/20 and fire hit the fan as it were. Go to Youtube and enter Aerial footage of Alameda fire in Southern Oregon. You can't believe the damage. This fire started in Ashland and went north through the small town of Talent. Then open land and on into Phoenix. The fire mostly followed the stream called Bear creek north.The Biggest factor on this day was the twenty-five to forty mile an hour wind that pushed it.
         I don't live in any of the area that burned. I am 15 miles west in the Applegate valley. I was in Medford that day for a doctors appointment. At 4:30 when we came out of the grocery store and looked south, Oh man it looked like a tornado was coming at us. It was black and boiling up. In the video you see some of the orchards the were owned by the company I worded for, for sixteen years. Also how many trailer houses stacked together burned. It makes you sick, and you get a feel for how life can change in a few minutes. Well I better go, time to get something done.

Ljohnsaw

The devastation is unbelievable!  There were a lot of manufactured home parks (trailer parks) that were just wiped out.  I wouldn't have imagined that a metal clad structure would go up like that.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

sawguy21

Wood frame clad with aluminum won't last long. I have family in Molalla but have not heard from them, I really  hope they are ok. It has been quiet in BC so far, one major fire near Penticton is now under control but we have been through it in past years. You people stay safe!
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Thank You Sponsors!