iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Introduction from Kansas City

Started by DEARHART, September 09, 2020, 01:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DEARHART

Hello All!  I have been on and off the forum over the last several years and finally decided to reach out and introduce myself.

I have been researching and daydreaming about having a sawmill for the last 10 years.  Bought a couple of plans to build one myself, but never could find the time.  I've always enjoyed woodworking as a hobby and got my BS in Forestry.  I spent the last 14 years as a Environmental Scientist working on site cleanup and remediation in an engineering consulting firm.  In January I was able to leave the corporate world and pursue my interests the real estate world (specifically land).  

I had finally decided that I was going to bite the bullet and purchase a new TK 1200 from TimberKing by the end of 2020.  I just happened to see a TimberKing B-20 that was for sale locally, and took a trip to go look at it.  Next thing I know, I'm pulling it home and hooking up a trailer to go back the next morning to pick up a bunch of other pieces of equipment.  I'm now the proud owner of a 2003 B-20.  As part of the package I also purchased 2 Woodmaster 718 planers, a lap siding jig for the mill, sharpening equipment, and a Nyle L2000 kiln that was still new in the box(s).  
The B-20 had a little over 100 hrs on it, but I went ahead and took it in to TimberKing since they are local to really look over it.  I can't say enough good things about those guys.  They spent a bunch of time with me walking me through everything and took care of some things on the mill that needed to be replaced.  

I finally had a chance to make some sawdust this weekend and had an absolute blast.  Ended up cutting several pieces for a pavilion that will be in the works soon.  

I'm still going through the other pieces of equipment, and starting to brainstorm on how I want to set up the kiln. 

Looking forward to being active on the forum and learning from everyone.

Thanks,
Daniel

Stephen1

Welcome, Nothing better than when the machinery follows you home!
Enjoy!
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

doc henderson

welcome to the forum.  looks like you jumped in with both boots for a hobby guy.  I have found Matt and all the guys at TK to be helpful.  you are off to a good start.  lots of good equipment.  BS in forestry... :D  yes! some more than others!   :D :D :D.  
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

K-Guy

When you are ready to set up the kiln call me. I think I can help you.
Stan from Nyle
800-777-6953 Ext 212
Nyle Service Dept.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
- D. Adams

A-z farmer

Welcome to the forestry forum 
You have a real nice assortment of equipment there it should keep you in the sawdust for years to come .

trimguy

sawwood

Welcome Dearhart.  Looks like a nice set up you have. We are in Raymore and have a small mill.
May we can get to gather and talk milling.
Norwood M4 manual mill, Solar Kiln, Woodmaster
18" planer/molder

thecfarm

There you have done it!! You are beyond hooked, hook, line, and sinker!!  :D  You will enjoy sawing. Get yourself a Logrite cantdog or peavey, sponsor on the left,  logrite_cool  and you will have everything you need.  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Roxie

It's always a pleasure to meet our new members!  :) 
Say when

Nebraska

Welcome Dearhart,  always good to see  another person head down the rabbit hole.  :)

hacknchop

Welcome to the forum looking forward to reading your view of things pertaining to the ever changing forestry world.
Often wrong never indoubt

samandothers

Wow the bug bit big time!   You held out well but in the end got real sick with it.   I hope you have great luck with the equipment and safe fun with your new tools!  I look forward to hearing of your adventures as you set stuff up.

Cedarman

Welcome to the forum.  Be sure to let us know when you become a professional. (Hitting a piece of mill metal with your saw blade qualifies).  Nice pile of sawdust.  And the fun will never end.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

DON FRANK

Hey Deerhart, 
  I will have to look you up. I'm local, just outside of Smithville. I haven't started milling but have a Ez Boardwalk 40 on order. So, in a month or so I'll be taking the plunge too. I have some acreage with lots of trees so there will be sawdust flying soon. 

Thank You Sponsors!