iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

gasifier, sometimes?

Started by r.man, February 19, 2014, 10:52:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

r.man

I am on my second stove with a combustion fan but my first with grates and a combustion fan. I think that my stove is being a gasifier for a short time when I stir the coals and leftover wood. I have always noticed that most times when I pull smoldering wood onto the grates with coals that I get a very good burn for a while. I now think that I am seeing actual gasification rather than a robust fan forced burn. The stove I had with a door mounted fan and no grates would do the robust burn but this is more like a tiger torch and reminds me of the secondary burn chamber in gasifier stoves. I am guessing that I am burying smoldering wood under coals so that when the fresh air is forced up by the fan through the grates it is mixing with the smoke and passing through the hot coals and reigniting. Gasification for a short time while the conditions are right. Probably the only stove owners who would see this are ones with fan fed grates. I know heatmor uses this setup but I am not sure who else does. Anyone else familiar with this phenomena?
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

Thank You Sponsors!