iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Whats going on with Woodmizer?

Started by Cypress Man, July 08, 2014, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barbender

LaneC- I wouldn't rule WM out yet. I really suspect that the mistakes were made by the ASC (dealer) and WM is leaning on them to make it right. I'm just guessing at this point, but this is so out of character for WM. Maybe the take away is to stay away from the MS ASC. Deal with Marty up in Shade Gap, PA- he seems to keep folks very happy ;)
Too many irons in the fire

grweldon

I'm extremely interested to see how this situation ends.  I'd be quite a bit more upset than Cypress Man by now.
My three favorite documents: The Holy Bible, The Declaration of Independence and The Constitution of the United States.

21incher

I can't believe this has not been solved yet. Most of the factory finishes are either powder coat or baked on and very durable, anything you put over it may come off over time. Seems to me it should be sent back to the factory and be disassembled, stripped, and repainted for a permanent solution that will last. I bet Woodmizer will come through soon with a proper solution  as this is spread all over the web now.
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Tom L

still it is a pretty nice looking log deck, what end loads the mill, do the arms lower a log onto the deck or do the arms
pick up logs from the ground and put them on the deck?

I see something under the deck chains also, is that some type of barrier under the chains on the rail so the chain does not scratch up the metal below? Teflon or something?

if this was me , from my dealings with woodmizer, I would take their word that they will make it right. I would have that thing mounted on my footings already and using it until they either replace it or repaint it. no way would it still be sitting in the yard unused. or hire a guy to come in and paint it, and get a credit from them for the cost.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

What makes the chains move the logs....Elec. ?
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

drobertson

I have to think I would be very unhappy, but at the same time put that bad boy to work!   I'm quite sure it will be rectified,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

woodmills1

I am one with only positive to woodmizer
I have followed this thread very close
But I too did not get the involvement of a third party
can someone enlighten me
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

woodmills1

more on the value of good companies

I bought my blue ox and financed throught nicholls trailers in vermont, they welded up the trailers and pierre put the package together

apparentley nicolls sold the loan to hitachi, but hitichai treated it like a lease

I payed off the loan 4 months later like I intended too but hitachai wanted way too much money

I argued with them and got all but around 4oo of my real investment back

nicolls trailers stood behind the original loan terms, and got hitachi off my back

that is the definition of good treatment
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

woodmills1

so please original poster or someone else is this post about a deal between you and woodmizer or is there another company involved?

Cypress Man

Woodmills1:  There is no third party.  I have been dealing directly with Woodmizer.
LT70 wide head electric, IC5 Power conveyor, transfer table, Stop and Load Log Deck, Catapiller 360B Telehandler, Cat tl642c Teleloader, Cat TH514 Telehandler, Woodmizer EG400 edger, Logosol PH360 moulder, Extrema 26" Planner, Grizzly 16" dual conveyor resaw, Prentice 285 log loader

tule peak timber

Cypress, I sent you a private message asking more specifically about how things are working out with your new Lt 70. Rob
persistence personified - never let up , never let down

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on July 22, 2014, 04:12:46 PM

Now I've done ask this once.....will somebody give me an answer before I fly off the handle?  bat_smailey

yukon cornelius

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on July 22, 2014, 10:41:18 PM

Now I've done ask this once.....will somebody give me an answer before I fly off the handle?  bat_smailey

little chipmunks inside the rails...when the button is pressed it drops acorns in the chain infeed. I think that's how it works. 
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: yukon cornelius on July 22, 2014, 10:46:52 PM

little chipmunks inside the rails...when the button is pressed it drops acorns in the chain infeed. I think that's how it works.

:D :D :D

Holmes

It appears the chains do not work on the blue color units.  ;D
Think like a farmer.

Cypress Man

POSTONLT40: The chain are hydraulicly driven. You must remove the log loader from the mill and the hydraulic hoses connect to the log deck to operate the chains and log arms. These functions are controlled from the joysticks on the dcs model.
Tule peak timber: I'll try to call you tommorrow.
Tom L: You must load the log deck with a forklift. The chains on top the deck pulls the logs forward toward the log loader that dumps one log at a time onto the sawmill deck.
Yes that is Teflon under the chains.
LT70 wide head electric, IC5 Power conveyor, transfer table, Stop and Load Log Deck, Catapiller 360B Telehandler, Cat tl642c Teleloader, Cat TH514 Telehandler, Woodmizer EG400 edger, Logosol PH360 moulder, Extrema 26" Planner, Grizzly 16" dual conveyor resaw, Prentice 285 log loader

LaneC

Hello barbender. I just looked at the original date on this post and it was dated the 8th. Today is the 22nd. 14 days. That has been sitting there for 14 days in the open waiting for a new machine to be delivered so they do not have to make a special trip. I try and live by the Golden Rule. I would definitley not treat anybody this way because I would not want to be treated this way, at all. I have met the dealer in Mississippi and they were extremely nice folks. I do not know where the mess up happened, but he says he has been dealing directly with WM. I have gotten into plenty of trouble from my wife for getting taken or treated badly and I do not like to rock the boat or get upset with anybody, and I just keep my mouth shut and wind up dealing with getting taken in some way. If I were to make a purchase of this magnitude and something like this were to happen, Oh my Gosh! I would be so mad, and would have to deal with getting taken on something this big, Then I might would have to rock the boat, but as usual, it seems like it would matter, because nothing seems to be being done to rectify the situation, even in dealing with the main company. This whole thing makes me very sad because it seems like this is now normal in everything nowadays. So bad. I do not even have a mill and I feel bad. I hope I have not offended anyone, this is just my opinion, and I do not wish to make anyone angry or anything, I just think this is so bad because I never thought I would see something like this from the good things that I have always heard. Sorry for the rant, but I hope he gets his equipment done right.
Man makes plans and God smiles

barbender

LaneC, don't get me wrong. I would be very, very upset if I were in this situation. I would demand another factory painted unit, not some field  painting job.
Too many irons in the fire

beenthere

Blue or not, I'd think it would be used for loading logs in the meantime... if there are logs needing to be loaded.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Okrafarmer

If the color of the beast were the only issue, and it were me, I would have just shrugged it off and lived with it. After all, I use a Massey Ferguson tractor, so I've learned not to be picky. But the color was not the only issue. He had other issues as well. Have the other issues been fixed? maybe he said earlier.
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

Cypress Man

OK Today I decided to not wait on WM to paint the log deck before I began using it. So this morning even tho I am extremely busy and need to cut beam orders I removed the hydraulic hoses from the log loader and removed the log loader as the instruction manual stated. Once this was completed I installed the new hydraulic hoses onto the new log deck cylinders. I could not find the correct unions to connect the hydraulic hoses together so I went on to the next step. The hydraulic valves I had in the kit that was sent to connect to my LT70DCS looked completely different from the instuction manual and it finnally hit me. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!!!! They sent a kit to hook up to a LT70 non-remote not a DCS. Just one more catastrophe to add on to this large list of complaints. I called Stacy Thompson who is in charge of industrial equipment and he could not help. He said he would have someone call me. I called WoodMizer MS. and they could not help. Said to talk to Dan Bowman in Indy. First two calls went to Dans voice mail and I leftmessages. The third call I made to him I finnally got him. He confirmed they sent the wrong kit and has the correct one on its way. So now Im sitting here with no way to connect the hydraulic hoses to the log deck and orders to be ran. I guess Ill have to call my customers and tell them why their orders will be late. Thanks WoodMizer.

Dave Shepard

If I were WM, I'd have someone on their way to you with all the right parts and a new log deck, even if they have to drive through the night. At this point, it isn't about what is convenient for anyone, it's about saving a client relationship. In WM's defense, a "comedy of errors" can happen to anyone, and no, a comedy of errors isn't meant to by funny. Be glad you aren't farming. You have all the same problems, but with worn out equipment, and cantankerous cows to deal with. ;)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

drobertson

Tricky situation for sure, use it and then lose it?  probably not,  I would use it and keep on keeping on, It stinks, but color is not everything, just performance, so make it happen, and it I'm sure will be rectified.
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Ribsy

I am relatively new to milling. I have an LT35 HD. I love it, but already recognize the need for greater capacity/efficiencies. I will be looking for a machine from a competitor who can deliver a quality product, as Wood-Mizer has, just in case this issue doesn't get ironed out. I am disappointed with your difficulty and only hope the company will consider what got them where they are. If they lose that, they lose everything...eventually.
Engaged in tree work, tree removal, milling and and processing said product into high quality and well seasoned lumber slabs and firewood.

Holmes

Sending the parts right away for YOU to fix their mistakes is not good. Now if they send the service tech in his truck to get this disaster up and running that might be what you need.   Might be time to lemon law this purchase.   Sounds like you received some one else's unit , not the one you ordered.
Think like a farmer.

Thank You Sponsors!