iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Husqvarna H30 vs SP33G chain?

Started by John Mc, November 11, 2023, 06:43:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Mc

Can someone tell me what the difference is between Husqvarna H30 and their X-cut SP33G chain? I know the SP33G is actually made by Husqvarna (I think the H30 is rebadged Oregon chain?)

Both are .050 gauge, .325 pitch, "pixel" chain (I assume Pixel is just Husqvarna-speak for "narrow kerf"?)

Is the SP33g higher-performance and the H30 more of a safety chain?

I'm helping a friend get set up to sharpen their own chains. His saw currently has H30. Wondering if I should recommend they try the SP33G for their next chain.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

Old Greenhorn

Your information if IRCC is correct. In my opinion the X-cut is the better chain. I switched all my saws over to that. Keep in mind though that the x-cut filing top angle is different. Most chains have around a 10° drop angle on the file but the x-cut is zero. So if you are setting your buddy up with a guide like the roller guide, you will need a different one for x-cut.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

CJ154SG

Just a word of caution if you order on Amazon: you can receive an H30 chain in an SP33G box if you buy from the used/returned bin  ;).

Thank You Sponsors!