iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Show Me Your Pointer...?

Started by quadracutter222, October 30, 2018, 12:09:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quadracutter222

Good Day, I am in the works for re-doing the scale (with inch and  on my Woodcraft and need to instal a new pointer. I am wondering if folks have or can take pictures of their mill pointers as examples.

Currently there is a piece of plexiglass held on by a nut and washers.  I am thinking of some sort of Wood Mizer style see through, or a thin bar.

Thanks for the help!

Crusarius

I just made a new log scale and all I am planning on is a piece of aluminum that with the top edge flat and the bottom edge tapering up to a point. Also planning on making it slide left to right so I can center it on the scale I am using.

Here is my log scale machined but not painted. 

Wintergreen Mountain

I have just a 12ga wire with a loop on both ends. Bolted on both sides of the scale.The scale slides up and down to calibrate.
1920 Ford 4x4 tractor, forks & bucket. 2010 36" Turner Mills band mill. Cat-Claw blade sharpener. Cat-Claw Dual Tooth Setter. Cat D3 crawler dozer. Cat 215c excavator, Ford L9000 dump truck. Gardner Denver 190 portable air compressor. KatoLight 40Kw trailer mounted gen set. Baker M412 4-head planer.

quadracutter222

This is the current idea. A piece of 1/8" or 1/4" thick acrylic with a 1/16" or 1/8" slot cut. The idea with 1/16" is to represent kerf. Picture for proof of concept and testing.

Thank You Sponsors!