iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

EPEC Display Problems.

Started by tubeguy, January 11, 2021, 11:54:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tubeguy

First time post from a new member here.

I'm trying to repair an EPEC display that stopped working.  The CAN buss is operating okay as I've installed a newer model display and it works but throws all types of fault codes because it's not the correct one.  Like to get this older one working so everything works again correctly.

I've taken apart the display and it is an old EPEC 2505A version.  Replaced the lithium battery as it was dead but that didn't resolve the problem.  Did some troubleshooting on it and discovered the 24v to 5v power module output was not getting to the board although the module itself was working.  Well found some light grey epoxy glue covering a 0 Ohm chip resistor that was being used to hold down one edge of the power module that had seemed to have rotted off the end of this chip resistor causing it to no longer make contact to the solder pad.  So I removed all this grey epoxy glue and replaced the chip resistor.  Now I have 5v and 3.3v at all the right places but still a dead display.  Now I have 5v on CAN 1 low and 0v on CAN 1 high instead of the 2.4v and 2.6v I should be having.  The voltages on CAN 2 low and high are both correct but this particular installation does not use the CAN 2 side of things so kind of irrelevant.

What I've also discovered is that I don't have any HV at the CCFD connector that lights up the display.  All I have is 5 vdc which isn't correct.  I also don't have 24 vdc at the 100uf / 50v cap that is on the input side of the CCFD transformer. 

So what I'm wondering, is there anybody that has had a similar situation with a display device on a harvester or a forwarder?  This particular unit comes out of a 2003 Timberjack 1410 forwarder but from working with Andre out of NB it appears the same circuitry is somewhat the same on this version of display board.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Albert

Thank You Sponsors!