iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Mac 110's 60's/70's will not run

Started by mainewoodcuttah, November 29, 2008, 02:04:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mainewoodcuttah

Hi, have got to be out of my skull, have two Mac 110's i would like to get running for no good reason other than to see them run. 8) So..  checked points, new condensers, plugs, have some spark with plug grounded to head, but not impressive. WILL NOT jump gap on a B&S spark tester. compression will blow your finger off.  spray starting fluid, button it up and it will not pop......so What...  Have lots of other things to do but hate to let a machine win..

suggestions (boy am i leaving myself open)  NO the trash can is full

thanks.....
We the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful. I've done so much for so long, with so little, I'm now qualified to do anything, with nothing, forever.

Polly

8)could it be the coil i got a little 2cyl lawn boy in barn looks like new with a bade coil start and run coil heats up engine dies :) 8)

sawguy21

What are the points gapped at? They should run at .015", the rubbing blocks could be worn.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

mainewoodcuttah

points are not shorted, i dressed them and gapped at 18 as per manual.....
We the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful. I've done so much for so long, with so little, I'm now qualified to do anything, with nothing, forever.

Al_Smith

First of all anybody that works on a mini has the patience of a saint .I don't myself but have one made out of three parts saws. Actually a 120 but they are the same .

If it is assembled correctly the coil gap is held in place by two fiber tubes so it can neither be moved nor the air gap changed .If the tubes are not there both the gap and proper  timing could be affected .With such a minature flywheel ,off just a tiny bit will produce a weak spark .

Now that carb that should be on a weedwacker .It doesn't take much to screw that midget contraption up either .If that diaphragm is puckerd just a tiny bit the itsy little saw will flood itself in about two rope pulls .

Make sure the entire surface where the points mount is shiny metal ,burnish the points and check for continuity before you screw down the flywheel .You may have to give that microscopic carb a once over ,that isn't a big deal .The big deal is you have to deshell the stupid thing to even get to the carb .

Take a chill pill ,relax .Work a little, let it rest a tad .Keep your cool ,stepping on it won't help a bit . Just some words from a person that has already traveled the Mini Mac road a time or two . :)

Thank You Sponsors!