iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

PEACHES, PEACHES, PEACHES!!!!

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, July 23, 2013, 10:30:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raider Bill

Actually I saw those last Saturday while produce shopping. Didn't get any went with regular ol peaches.

My Step Mom used to pickle apples DELISH!

Must be apple season somewhere because there were at least 12 different kinds on sale.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

sawguy21

We are enjoying our Okanagan valley peaches, I can't get enough of them.  Karen has promised me some peach pie, BRING IT ON!!! :D
We purchased some in Bend Oregon the other day, they were very sweet, almost had a liqueur like flavor. I can't quite describe it but man were they good.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Magicman

Welcome to the Forestry Forum,    ron barnes.   :)

How about an intro thread and telling about your wood/sawing interest? 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Raider Bill

Sure missed those Poston Pickled Peaches at the Pig roast :'(
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

ron barnes

Quote from: Magicman on August 06, 2013, 10:22:57 PM
Welcome to the Forestry Forum,    ron barnes.   :)

How about an intro thread and telling about your wood/sawing interest?

Hello Everyone

I am not sure where to put this note.  I have been looking at this forum for several years but never signed up.  I don't have any sawmills nor will ever have one.  I certainly enjoy watching one operate though.  I have a pretty full shop of normal woodworking stuff.  I am semi-retired.  Still taking an occasional contract if the money is good.  I have worked as a Tech Writer for DOE sites for the past 25 years.  Prior to that I spent 22 years in the USAF. 

I love to eat.  My wife and MIL are both very good cooks so I am getting spoiled and fat.

I really enjoy working on the lathe.  Only have a small Delta 12 inch lathe.  Probably won't get anything larger for quite awhile.

I live on the Etowah river in Cartersville, GA.

Magicman

Quote from: ron barnes on August 07, 2013, 01:45:18 PMI am not sure where to put this note. 
It sounds like you will fit in quite nicely in the General Woodworking board.  The General Board is for stuff, but since most every thread eventually gets to Food, and you said that you liked food, you will fit in quite nicely anywhere.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WDH

Welcome Ron,

You are just up the road, about 3 hours North of me.  A small distance in this day and age.  If you want to run a sawmill, come down and we will saw a log.  Cheaper than buying one, for sure  ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Raider Bill on August 07, 2013, 10:11:52 AM
Sure missed those Poston Pickled Peaches at the Pig roast :'(

This reply has been sent to the Wood Shed due to its content.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

ND rancher

You know David , smiley_whipI think it's a sin to show us northerners fresh peaches and cream!!
TimberKing B-20.  Have been bitten by the bug! Loving life !

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: ND rancher on August 15, 2013, 12:14:27 AM
You know David , smiley_whipI think it's a sin to show us northerners fresh peaches and cream!!

:) :) :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

pappy19

Just show them some fresh picked blueberries from Maine or huckleberries if you live in Idaho, Montana, Washington or Oregon.
2008 F-250 V-10
2007 Lincoln LT
1996 Ford Bronco
Kubota 900 RTV
Shindiawa fan

Larro Darro

For you guys that like a little heat and spice with your peaches, here is a recipe for Spiced Peach Habanero Jam we got about a week ago. We haven't tried it yet, but we have tons of habanero, so we need to do something with them. But using one pepper per batch it is going to take a lot of jam to use them all up.

Sugar Free Spiced Peach Habanero Jam

yeild 2 - 1/2pints

2 Cups crushed peaches
1 Habanero - mix with peaches while in processor seeds included
1/4 tsp Ginger
1/8 tsp allspice
1/8 tsp cinnamon

1/2 c Splenda
1 & 1/2 TBS no sugar needed pectin
cook for 15 min then add Splenda and pectin. Cook for about 5 min until boil

Put in hot jars and Process for 10 min or place in refrigerator.

This is a recipe we got from Dirt Ditch over on tractorbynet.

Edit: There is a sugar recipe too. This just happened to be the one I found. Larro
Make good money. Five dollars a day.
Made anymore, I might move away.

thecfarm

The Peach Lady has her sign out. She came over about a week ago. Her health is not the best.  :(  The trees are loaded she told us. I hope you sells alot. We drove by an apple orchard and saw peaches on the sign. Those are her peaches.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

ron barnes

I just got back from SC where my wife and MIL went and picked some more peaches.  I will be eating peaches and gram crackers tonight.   ;D ;D

cinnabar

Just found this in a ranch cookbook from 1959. 
I make pickled pumpkin rinds , somewhat similar.

Pickled Peaches

Peaches enough for 8 quarts
16 cups sugar
8 cups vinegar
8 sticks cinnamon
8 Tablespoons whole cloves

Scald peaches with hot water,  peel and drop into cold water.  Make a syrup of the above ingredients and bring to a boil.  Drop in peaches.  Cook until heated through.   Seal in jars while hot. 

Thank You Sponsors!