iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

joining the forum

Started by slider, September 24, 2023, 10:36:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slider

After sending my skid steer to Albany ga for engine work i left a card it had my tree service on one side and sawing on the back .When the shop foreman came out with the bill.He said i have always wanted a mill and see them on youtube all the time. I said join the forestry forum ,you will be glad you did but careful what you ask for . First there is the mill then support equipment then a shed then concrete ,it never ends.Then i showed him the $7400 dollar bill. He started laughing and said i need a newer truck first. He has run an Alaskan and loved making lumber. I told him i started with half interest in a 94 lt40 and like you loved sawing. I said if Jake continues with the project you need to come,most of the people that we know from the forum are there and you get to see them in person,what a good time,i hope it continues .
al glenn

barbender

Yeah this forum is where it's at👍 There is such a huge amount of poor information on sawing out there now, due in large part to what I see as these "influencers" or content creators...if they are making enough money to stay in operation, it's from clicks and ads, not their sawing techniques. I was just skipping around a video of an outfit that pops up on my YouTube feed. Pretty young ladies sawing (which I suspect is the main draw), they were going to show us how to saw railroad ties on an LT40. They were slabbing deep on the two parallel faces they opened with, didn't even recover any side lumber. I didn't stick around to see what they did to the other faces, but I wasn't liking the direction things were going😊 

I like to think of the Forum as peer reviewed, if I come on here and tell everyone this is the way to saw ties, and use that method, I will get corrected about how the tie only pays as much as the log cost, so if I want to make money I need to recover as much side lumber as possible. Real world advice from people that have been there, done that, and made a sawing operation work.
Too many irons in the fire

DocGP

barbender,

What, you don't saw in skin tight leotard's?????

Come to think of it, they might pay me NOT to do it!!   :D :D :D :D

Doc
Ole Country Vet
LT 50 HDD
MX 5100 for the grunt work
Stihl MS 261 C-M

mudfarmer

If that's the one I think it seems especially bad because I really doubt all the views on those videos are coming from people anywhere near those girls age!

barbender

Yep, they're just kids.

Doc, no leotards although I have made threats before😂
Too many irons in the fire

Thank You Sponsors!