iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My cancer journey

Started by Ed_K, July 11, 2016, 07:34:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

customsawyer

Bricklayer1, nothing but respect for your decision. Tough on you and your loved ones. Make the most of it, and stick a spur in that SOB
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

doc henderson

Bricklayer, you are in my thoughts.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

SwampDonkey

Bricklayer1, my uncle went out the same way. He had pancreatic cancer and decided to not be an experiment. Make the best of your remaining days.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Ed_K

Bricklayer 51, this pains me so much I know we have to go at some point but there's got to be some fight left.

I've been fighting a painful left shoulder for a couple of months now. I finally got to see my doctor at the VA, told him that I thought I might have a bone spur or the Myeloma had grown a tumor in it. He sent me for an x-ray but hasn't called me with the answer. The cytokine has started to bring my light chains down, they've brought it down from 496.4 to 383.1 Kappa light chain. It was hovering around 147.8 - 292.8 so I hope it keep going down. Yesterday I called my cancer Doctor to order some Tramadol and got a call back from his nurse that deals' with the pain meds. She wanted to know why I was ordering them before the time stamp the gov puts on pain meds. I explained that by the time the order get to my Doctor sent to the VA for them to take the time to fill it, it been 4 days and if they sent them to me thru the mail that's another 10-14 day's and I've been out for 15 days. She finally figured that out, so I told her I don't take anymore than what the prescription says. Then I told her about my shoulder hurting past the 1 to 10 count they always ask me. When you get to 10 there's another scale that starts with burning and sometimes get worse. If you ever picked up a piece of welded metal before you realized what you have done, then you know that burn past 10  :vuur1: hurt. I think I've gone far enough.

Y'all have a great day.
Ed K

Peter Drouin

Bricklayer 51 My Ann did the same thing, the cancer was too much to fix.
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Thank You Sponsors!