iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

log arch

Started by Compensation, September 07, 2013, 03:56:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tiny tinkr

That's a heck of a scratch ;D :D

Jemclimber

It's a very nice build, job well done. I like your extra chain attachment points.
lt15

jimbarry

Nice build. I've yet to see someone build an arch who cable is winched by the atv's front winch. No one tried that yet?

Compensation

Thank you, I am sure it could be done. I seen a ATV that had a 2" ball mounted on the front before. That would latch them together and turn the ATV around. Sorry for not having any videos yet. First off I parked the dozer on top of a yellow jacket nest and then had wasp swarming from the controls constol. I need the dozer to unstack my log pile to be able to use the arch.Then work picked up and were back to 12hr days and 7 days a week.
D4D caterpillar, lt10 Woodmizer, 8x12 solar kiln, enough Stihl's to make my garages smell like their factory :) Ohh and built Ford tough baby!

Compensation

Never got around to adding pics of the arch in use. No monster logs but this hickory was 11'

A free load from my friend Steve all hauled with the arch

One way to load it.

D4D caterpillar, lt10 Woodmizer, 8x12 solar kiln, enough Stihl's to make my garages smell like their factory :) Ohh and built Ford tough baby!

36 coupe

You need a tractor.The overall length of the arch looks short.A 16 foot log would tend to lift the ATV rear end, loosing braking and traction.As for an electric winch you need a big battery.My winch is slow but I wont spend 600 bucks to go faster.No steep hills on my lot but I find a 3000 pound load will push my tractor on the down grade.Brakes will lock the wheels and the tractor slides but wont stop.

John Mc

Looks like a nice build, Compensation.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

Thank You Sponsors!