iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A Bench Collaboration with LogRite Tools.

Started by WDH, September 30, 2014, 08:51:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WmFritz

Quote from: WDH on October 01, 2014, 08:10:06 PM

Poston,

If the legs were camo, then you would not be able to see them and that would make selling them a little tough  ;D.

Danny, can we camo Poston's legs?   ???
I don't want to see them either.  ;D
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

WDH

If we can keep him from wearing skirts, we won't have to see them. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

SwampDonkey

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on September 30, 2014, 10:06:40 PM

Now there's an Idea....a "rocking bench".  :D

Hey there! I have a rocking bench. I hold pattens on the design. $$  :D

Very nice bench there Danny. Unfortunately I have no porch rocking time, I'm banking that time for a later date. :D :D

Enjoy your benches.

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Bill and Danny.......Y'all can kiss my Camo Grits! Did ya see that coming?

:D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

OneWithWood

You all miss the point...if you camo the legs and can't see the legs than the bench appears to be just floating in air. 
Back in the day that would have sold gazillions.  Today maybe not so much... :D
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The Camo leg benches would bring "BooKoo $$$$$$" around here. Especially with one of POPS SLABS.

WmFritz

SD, I've never seen a bench like that one before, but it sure is a fine piece of craftsmanship.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill

WmFritz

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on October 02, 2014, 07:31:46 PM
Bill and Danny.......Y'all can kiss my Camo Grits! Did ya see that coming?                                                                                                                                                               :D

I didn't see it coming, but I shore was specting it.  ;D
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I simply refuse for Y'all to make me feel this way.......

WmFritz

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on October 02, 2014, 09:48:27 PM
I simply refuse for Y'all to make me feel this way.......

:D :D :D :D :D 

We see you in there David. You can run, but you cant hide.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill

woodworker9

Nice benches, and nice metal legs.  The industrialization movement in the woodworking industry has been going on for some time, and these pieces that mix metalwork and woodwork have become immensely popular, and also fun to build.

One word of advise, and it's already been mentioned, so I'll just kindly re-iterate it.......if you want those benches to last any amount of time, especially if you're selling them to clients, the attachment holes in the steel need to elongated to allow seasonal movement.  Without it, they are guaranteed to split where the bolts are driven in.

Very nice work, and the combinations and opportunities are limitless.  Think of desks and tables with acme screw and wheel adjustments, just like old woodworking machines adjustment devices, like infeed table wheels on old jointers....... ;)

Jeff
03' LT40HD25 Kohler hydraulic w/ accuset
MS 441, MS 290, New Holland L185

customsawyer

Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Thank You Sponsors!