iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

How much do you use your shop bandsaw?

Started by hackberry jake, November 02, 2012, 09:59:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CHARLIE

Because I enjoy turning wood on my woodlathe and using wood gathered from woodpiles or fallen trees, I use my bandsaw a lot.  I have a large one that will slice a 12 inch thick chunk of wood.  Also, when I run across a particularly nice chunk of wood with a lot of personality, I can slice it up into small boards and plane them down smooth to build small objects like boxes or to use as accent to a project.  I couldn't be without one.
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Lud

Just talking and imagining here but I'd think it would be fun to build a vertical bandsaw that could take the same blades as my mill.

Couple of emergency wheels and tires, bunch of old implement steel for framing and a old lawnmower engine or electric as available. Set it up about knee high for resawing and the big stuff.

It's got the makings of a project! 8)
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

hackberry jake

I was just researching bandsaw stuff on here and found this. I started this thread almost two years ago! Well I finally have one and its coming along nicely.

as purchased

After a good sanding and painting.

Still gotta recrown the tires and maybe balance the wheels. I havent even powered it up yet.
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

WDH

Just think, in another 10 or 15 years, you will be there  ;D. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

scleigh

Don't lie to us Danny, we'll never get there.

Every time I mention my next big project or purchase to my wife, she says, " will it ever be enough? And I say no!!!

hackberry jake

I told mine that im done buying tools... but I did mention my table saw is only 2hp...  ;D

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

mesquite buckeye

Hey hackberry- You got paint on the floor. My wife frowns on such like. :( ::)

Regarding the original question, I would use my bandsaw a lot more if I had one. :'( :'( :'( :snowball: :snowball: :snowball:
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

hackberry jake

Quote from: mesquite buckeye on August 28, 2014, 10:31:53 PM
Hey hackberry- You got paint on the floor. My wife frowns on such like. :( ::)

Regarding the original question, I would use my bandsaw a lot more if I had one. :'( :'( :'( :snowball: :snowball: :snowball:
Paint doesn't stick to dirt very well... I am hoping some paint thinner will wipe it away...

beenthere

And it will just be a different color when the next tool gets painted...  8)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Kasba

I do mostly woodturn bowls to sell and I use my bandsaw more than my tablesaw. I also have to comment on many of the posts I have read that woodturners want wood for free. Please do not paint all wood turners with the same brush.
Timbery M285 25hp, Husqvarna 570 auto tune, Alaskan sawmill, Nova 1624 wood lathe, Dogo Argentino

21incher

Before I got my sawmill I used my band saw quite a bit for resawing and ripping warped pieces straight. The sawmill sure makes those jobs easier. But the band saw still sees a lot of use. :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Thank You Sponsors!