iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Nyle dehumidification dryer

Started by jimmy, February 22, 2004, 06:15:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy

I'm am thinking of purchasing a nyle L 200 dehumidification dryer. Does any of you have this model? What do you like and dislike about it thank you?

Don_Lewis

If you call Nyle, they will send you a list of customers in your area and you can visit or call them.

Tom

Welcome back, Don.  Don't be a stranger.  Looks like we might have the makings of a decent forum here. :)

Larry

I second Tom.  Always like to hear your thoughts Don. :)
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

karl

They are the greatest people when it comes to taking time with a customer: I bought my kiln "used in the crate" from a guy that had owned it for 10-15 yrs and never unpacked it- Hired a "professional" refrigeration person to work on it- he replaced the compressor, insisted the second one was defective too ???, I called Nyle- they said "bring it up". They put it back together, connected the unattached wire ::) ::) that was the original problem, chatted, gave me advice and encouragement, charged half what I expected and waved goodbye. That was 10+/- years ago- since then they have supplied electonic parts and held my hand through my installing them. Couple of weeks ago I called to order another fan- Got to chatting with the salesperson about drying and containers for kilns for probably 40 min. He actually sounded interested in my little operation and was VERY generous with his time and knowledge.
By the way - I'm real satisfied with my old Nyle 150 hotrodded to a L 200. I usually dry lots of 500-1500' mostly w pine, but some hdwd. I DO use a wood boiler for initial heat up rather than use the elec unit.
"I ask for wisdom and strength, Not to be superior to my brothers, but to be able to fight my greatest enemy, myself"  - from Ojibwa Prayer.

Norm

I have the L200, it's been a good unit. Customer service is very good too.

Captain

Has anyone ever been to Nyle in Bangor, ME to know if they have demonstration kils with the 200 unit operating??

Captain

FeltzE

I bought a Nyle 200 used from a failing startup business. The folks at NYLE treated me as if I bought it from them, I needed a switch they hade it here next day air. I've called with questions and they took the time to answere thm. They are a good company even though the 200 is the smallest thing they have with I'm sure the smallest profit margin for 'em

The unit operates as advertised, I can run 4/4 pine a thousand feet /week straight off the mill to 10% or less. The unit can dry about 3000 ft of oak in 30 days. All numbers are more if you start out air drying to some extent.

Don't underestimate the need to have an adequate method of loading and unloading the kiln. Forklift access to the package or kiln truck capability, It's my mistake! Maybe when I get back home I'll take a pic of my kiln and explain what I did wrong.

;D

karl

Capt'n
Don't believe they do- but I bet if you sent Don Lewis a PM he could/would point you to one in operation and /or answer questions
"I ask for wisdom and strength, Not to be superior to my brothers, but to be able to fight my greatest enemy, myself"  - from Ojibwa Prayer.

AtLast

Im curious about the L200. Have you noticed a dramatic amout of electricity?  What type of building do you use it in?. Are you running fans along with it? Is the process basic ie: cut and dry. How labor intensive is it?. ie: constant checking ( no pun intended). I like that particular unit and wanted to call Nyle BUT if ur-a-usin one Im think yew be da feller ta talk ta.

Thank You Sponsors!