iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

OK- here it Tiz... Before

Started by jpgreen, February 06, 2006, 12:19:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pineywoods

Very impressive.  I have been considering doing the same thing to my old manual LT40, using the same Kawasaki. The old briggs is getting rather tired (6000 hours)Your posts and pictures have already saved me from a couple of bad mistakes, and given me more ideas of how to go about the conversion. Thanks a bunch, please keep the picture and updates coming
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

jpgreen

Thanks Frank and pineywoods. I'm glad this thread is a help...  8)

Glad someone can use the info as it does take a bit of time to post this stuff...  ;D

6000 hours on the Briggs... Whoa! That is not to shabby.
-95 Wood-Mizer LT40HD 27 Hp Kawasaki water cooled engine-

getoverit

Great job Pat!

Keep the pics rolling
I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I work all night and sleep all day

jpgreen

My first (LT40) milled board..  8)

After some bugs yesterday, and the log clamp not clamping a small 5" to 6" log as it was slipping all over the place, I fixed it and mounted a steel GripperDog on the clamp today.  Locked the log down with heaven's fury, and I got a 4x4 out of it.

The easiest 4x4 I've ever milled.

Now I've got to actually read the manual, and figure out how to align this beast.  I cut pretty square, but it was an 1/8 of an inch thicker on one end.  That also could be because of a few other reasons, but the machine is milling.  No waves or dives, and that was an old blade..  :)

I'm a happy camper fo sho..  8)

red

Kawa-Miser-Gripper   

OR

Kawa-Miser-Dog

Well  it logs Great !

Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

tcsmpsi

jp,

Send me the audio version of that one day, would you? ;)

I'm just going to go back over here and be glad for you now.
\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

jpgreen

You OK Michael?

Whatcha doin' over there anyhow?..  :)

tcsmpsi

Hey, jp

If there is ever any OK left in the world, I'll be it.   ;D

Running about 14 to a dozen, presently.  Folks always leaving them things in the closet all season, knowing they had a problem or put 'em up damp and dirty.  And then, gotta have 'em right away.   ;)
\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

jpgreen

I remember telling an old friend of mine bout puttin' up that iron from the cold properly, and I don't think he listened.

Then one day he says to me, "you were right"..  ;D :D

tcsmpsi

Just one more little quickie, since I have my parts ordered now, then I gotta back in there too it.

Had a gentleman bring in a fine looking Weatherby double rifle case one day years ago.

He opened it up, and inside was something nearly indiscernable.  There were, what had once been, two of Weatherby's finest examples.  The foam inside the case had deteriorated into a crumbly grave for the rifles, and had melded itself completely to everything exposed.  Scopes, lenses, mounts, rings, wood and steel.  Acetone wouldn't even budge what it had become. 

A looooong term project.

Those foam lined cases are ONLY for transport.  Not for storage.  I believe I may had even made mention of that to the fellow a few years prior to that.

I'll be looking for the audio version of the running of the water cooled two banger blade runner.   ;D

jpgreen

My grandmother kept my Great Grandpappy's 1882 colt in a sock for inons, then she gave it to me.  The *DanG sock left lines where it ate at the case hardening, and blue.  Made me sick.  Oh well, still a gem of a piece.

The band blade is louder than the Kawa.. :D

Thank You Sponsors!