iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

are these monkey blades??

Started by m wood, February 18, 2013, 06:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

m wood

The fella I bought from had these 11 blades also.  Some good surface rust in areas, he thinks they all need sharpening(uh, yeah, I'm sure they do!)  He gave me an envelope from D.W. Bands in liverpool PA.  He said they came from them...or were just serviced by those guys, he wasnt sure.

I researched there name, and they showed up in a thread from years ago. apparently they are a Monkey Blade, MunkforsSager actually. 

they are 1 1/4" bands with 7/8" tooth spacing.  There are no other identifying marks; at least none I would know to look for.

I am Mark
80 acre woodlot lots of hard and soft
modified nissan 4x4/welding rig
4x4 dodge plow truck
cat 931b track loader
Norwood mark IV
4' peavy
6' peavy
stihl 034
"her" wildthing limber saw
ALL the rustic furniture  woodworking stuff
check out FB

drobertson

I guess no way of knowing for sure, and not sure if it matters, really, give them a good fuzz job and put them to the log 8)  david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Ga Mtn Man

They don't look like the munkfors that I have.
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Hummm......they look like my Wood-Mizer blades.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Ga Mtn Man

"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

m wood

Thanks guys.  I guess it doesnt really matter.  We'll see how the rust knocks off and if they cut at all.  I spose I know where to get them set and sharpened if my (dont laugh now) modified oregon chainsaw grinder doesnt work  (i think it was a good idea :)).  ya'll have given me the what to look fors in previous threads, if the set is worn or what not.  I guess a home-made setter would be next :D
I am Mark
80 acre woodlot lots of hard and soft
modified nissan 4x4/welding rig
4x4 dodge plow truck
cat 931b track loader
Norwood mark IV
4' peavy
6' peavy
stihl 034
"her" wildthing limber saw
ALL the rustic furniture  woodworking stuff
check out FB

Jim H

Your sharpener should work, the original woodmizer sharpener was all manual and included instructions to set it up for sharpening saw chain. The hard part will be the gullets, back then they used flat bottom gullets.
2008 LT40HDG28, autoclutch, debarker, stihl 026, 046, ms460 bow, 066, JD 2350 4wd w/245 loader, sawing since '94 fulltime since '98

hackberry jake

This on has a chainsaw sharpener on the business end.
it works pretty good. One of Hess days I need no jump on the cbn bandwagon though.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KXIcvSgrN3M
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

pineywoods

Quote from: Jim H on February 18, 2013, 10:02:59 PM
Your sharpener should work, the original woodmizer sharpener was all manual and included instructions to set it up for sharpening saw chain. The hard part will be the gullets, back then they used flat bottom gullets.

Yeah, I stlll have a cam to do flat bottom gullets. Didn't know about sharpening chainsaw chains, may have to give that a try..
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Fla._Deadheader

Those are WoodMizer blades, OR Simmons? Munks have a nicely rounded gullet, not that sharp corner at the base of the tooth.
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

hackberry jake

The ones above look like woodmaster c bands to me with the really tall tooth
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

hamish

One can sharpen any band and make it look like another. 

Look at it this way you have a bunch of useable bands, use em, then carry on.
Norwood ML26, Jonsered 2152, Husqvarna 353, 346,555,372,576

Thank You Sponsors!