iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Fast-Tach questions???

Started by Brander, September 17, 2015, 07:31:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brander

Hi All,

I'm a new member and this is my first post so I hope I got it in the right spot.

I'm looking for information from anyone who has or has used a Fast-Tach tachometer.  I just bought one and it won't turn on, and something inside is rattling.

So, does anyone know, is there a trick to turning these on?  Are they supposed to rattle?

Ozarker

The battery is loose inside the case. They're shipped that way. Remove the two screws in the back, being careful not to drop the face plate and the circuit board. Flip over, then remove the face plate. Once that's removed, remove the circuit board. Lightly grasp the sides of the LCD display and pull out. The battery holder is on the back of that board. Battery goes in with the small side, where the crimp is, facing downwards, if I recall correctly. Reverse the process, and you're good to go.

Be a good idea to activate the ON switch before buttoning things back up, just to check that the battery is installed correctly.

Brander

Thanks Ozarker.

I thought it might be something that simple, but found it odd that there wasn't anything in the instructions relating to the battery.

Unfortunately, when I called the company the only solution I was given was to send it back at my own expense.

Ozarker

I, too, found it odd that there wasn't any mention of this in the instruction sheet, and odder still that the factory couldn't identify the situation, since they created it and thus should have been a known issue to them.  :-\

Hope you get it all worked out.

Thank You Sponsors!