iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Exhaust paint question

Started by thumper, February 02, 2010, 02:36:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thumper

Just did a muffler mod on my 2150 jonsered,,  what are you folks using for exhaust paint? my experience with any hi temp brand paint isnt good. (on quads/snowmobiles/auto)turns white,, rubs off, etc. it looks like a stock muffler is coated with something rather than painted, almost like gun blueing. anyone ever tried gun blue lol?
Jonsered 2150 2152 2156 2165  Husqvarna 262xps Worn 1970 JD440a 06 GMC 3500 DURAMAX

Al_Smith

If you want them to look spiffy get some old fashon stove black .It will stay on there ,won't make the saw run any faster though .

chipsfly09

Now that my mufflers are not falling off, I want them to look spiffy-- "old fasioned stove black"  is that  "stove polish"? cause I have some of that ready to try.

Al_Smith

Stove polish,stove black ,same same . They make a paint for bar-b-que grills that works pretty good too . I usually prefer my mufflers to be natural rust colored but to each his own on that .

Say I did paint my tuned pipe on my Mini Mac with grill paint but it isn't like a person runs one of those all day long so how it holds up I have no idea .Nor for that matter how long  a micro saw will last with a pipe on it  .

des170stihl

If you use a good grade High Temp paint it will stick. I use it on all my saws. I just like black mufflers.
STIHL MS170* STIHL MS260 Pro* STIHL MS 230* ECHO CS 341* Husky 339 XP * Wallenstein 20 Ton Splitter* Massey Ferguson 1528 w/Grapple ( Skidder Wanna Be ).

Thank You Sponsors!