iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Frozen Water Tanks

Started by Qweaver, January 27, 2014, 09:39:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Qweaver

My above ground water tanks have always frozen a few inches of ice on the sides and top.  But I have never run out of water.  I have 2 above ground and 2 in-ground and I'm running on the in-ground tanks now.  I'm going to put another 1500 gal tank in-ground tank in this summer so that I don't have to worry about frozen water.  I'll bet the ice on my above ground tanks is a foot thick after this current freeze cycle.  I don't think a 1500w tank heater would thaw them.
So Many Toys...So Little Time  WM LT28 , 15 trailers, Case 450 Dozer, John Deere 110 TLB, Peterson WPF 10",  AIM Grapple, Kubota 2501 :D

coxy

what are the tanks used for animal water or people water ;D

SwampDonkey

That's gonna be rough if your water freezes up. Although, your not in arctic cold like I am up here. All the old farm houses up here used cisterns for wash water and hand pump in a shelter or a spring house. One spring up the road here never freezes, and it can be -25F and still open,  8) 8)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

red oaks lumber

qweaver
i have a couple of remote areas on the farm that require water, i use an old 25 c.f. chest freezer (non working)that i store water in. even at minus 30 the water inside is fine.

edit** i should add that i keep the lid shut, i just pail water out as needed. oops :D
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

Thank You Sponsors!