iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lumber donation

Started by Bruno of NH, April 13, 2022, 07:31:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Thank you for what you do Bruno. Proud you are my friend.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Nebraska

Awesome  8).. We need more of this.

RichTired

Wood-Mizer LT15GO, Kubota L2800, Husqvarna 268 & Stihl 241 C-M chainsaws, Logrite cant hook, Ford F-150 Fx4

Richard

doc henderson

A gift that will keep on giving.  great work!  
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Redhorseshoe

I've donated lumber to one of the high schools in a nearby (very) small town.  The shop teacher was very appreciative and I'm sure it all went to good use.  One of the big high schools in the nearby big town orders lumber occasionally.  The first time I tried to donate part of it, it was some specialty stuff, and the shop teacher said don't worry about donations they have enough money there to just buy everything.  Nice guy, big shop program, just totally different experience between who has and doesn't have funding.  The year after I graduated the high school I went to did away with their shop programs, at least welding and auto shop.  The facilities were nice enough to have actually been able to operate professional fab/mechanic businesses out of.  Those programs were really about all that kept me interested in going to school everyday.

Patrick NC

Good job Bruno. You are an example of what we need more of in this world. 👍
Norwood HD36, Husky 372xp xtorq, 550xp mk2 , 460 rancher, Kubota l2501, Case 1845 skid steer,

sawmilllawyer

Good on you Bruno. You truly stand Tall by you actions!!!
Stihl MS-361, MS-460 mag, Poulan 2150, 2375 Wildthing.

mart

That is what a good man looks like. Good job sir. 
I was young and dumb once. I got over being young a long time ago.

LT15 w/19 hp - 24' bed
Branson 3725
Stihl MS362
Husqvarna 450

moosehunter

Thank you for making me feel good this morning Bruno, good for you and the recipients of your good heart!
mh
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

dgdrls

Paid forward smiley_thumbsup
What you put out comes back 10 fold

Outstanding Bruno

D

Iwawoodwork

Bruno, Wonderful gesture, the shop/vocational classes are near and dear to me as they were one of the main reasons I stayed in high school and have used  many of the skills gained in those classes for the rest of my life. Your posting this has given me the idea to look around my areas to see if there any similar needs.  As a retired hobby sawyer I could do this with very little financial impact. 

Bruno of NH

Quote from: Iwawoodwork on April 16, 2022, 02:54:41 PM
Bruno, Wonderful gesture, the shop/vocational classes are near and dear to me as they were one of the main reasons I stayed in high school and have used  many of the skills gained in those classes for the rest of my life. Your posting this has given me the idea to look around my areas to see if there any similar needs.  As a retired hobby sawyer I could do this with very little financial impact.
I really want to promote the trades and sawmills. 
The trades are aging out really fast if we don't do something kids won't know you can make a good honest living with hard work.
I mention the Forestry Forum when I do things like this , I do it with all of us I mind , not just for me.
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Old Greenhorn

It's good that you do that Bruno. It sets a good example for the rest of us and also helps us keep on the lookout for similar opportunities.
 No doubt this will come back on you in un-looked for ways in years to come. Good on ya mate!
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Mattapoiset sm

Quote from: Bruno of NH on April 13, 2022, 07:31:55 PM
I had a Lady answer one of my adds on FB Market place. She was from Vermont tech College in Randolph VT.
She was asking about a pack of 1x8 barn siding I had for sale. I asked what they were using it for. It was for a tiny house build the building class was building. I explained that I have a soft spot for a program like that as I went to one in High school. I told her the trades are aging out and was glad they still had a program like that.
I said I would donate the pack of lumber.
This morning one instructor and 2 students stopped to pick-up the pack.
The students showed me a picture of the tiny house and that they are donating it to a homeless veteran.
The students and I chatted about the trades and shook my hand and thanked me. I thanked them for picking a veteran to get the house.
I told them if they needed anything more let me know.
It was a good day at Big Meadow Sawmill.
I don't have a lot but this was a good feeling  :)
Sorry for the long post

Mattapoiset sm

Need more people like you to make the world a better place. Thanks for the post.

78NHTFY

Bruno--way to go neighbor!  All the best, Rob.  
PS--invite to come by still stands....
If you have time, you win....

Thank You Sponsors!