iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lubemizer Line

Started by 4x4American, January 24, 2016, 09:40:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

4x4American

I have a hole in that lubemizer line and wanted to know what size barb to get, or what other fixes you have come up with?  Have seen electrical tape as a temp fix.
Boy, back in my day..

drobertson

I am thinking they are 3/8 but don't hold me to that, and I will admit I am using gorilla glue right now, so I have one solid filter,, the freeze caught me off guard, even after someone posted about getting ready,, dumb, dumb,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Dave Shepard

Is it listed in the LubeMizer parts manual? I think the pressure line to the nozzles is 1/4" I.D. and the feed from the tank is 3/8" I.D. reinforced, but I may be mistaken. I'm thinking about buying methanol in a drum to see if I can get a good deal. I don't need blue coloring for extra money.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

terrifictimbersllc

As far as the tubing, pretty sure it is 1/4 OD plastic tubing, sold almost anywhere, I have a roll of it under the seat in my truck. I forget the wall thickness or material name but when I see it I know it.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

4x4American

Quote from: Dave Shepard on January 24, 2016, 10:59:35 AM
Is it listed in the LubeMizer parts manual? I think the pressure line to the nozzles is 1/4" I.D. and the feed from the tank is 3/8" I.D. reinforced, but I may be mistaken. I'm thinking about buying methanol in a drum to see if I can get a good deal. I don't need blue coloring for extra money.

Yes you can when I worked at one construction company we had methanol in a 55gal drum.

What broke my line was the dragback arm bopping it against the movable guide roller arm contraption.  I have it routed pretty well for not catchin on the cant.  Yes I too am sick of paying for the packaging, and the blue coloring.  Also I am swimming in washfluid containers...I have a hard enough tim recyclig as it is...

So seems like the answers are all over the board haha.  my guess would be 1/8" id off top my head. 
Boy, back in my day..

terrifictimbersllc

From WM online store from my Lt40 parts selector>options>lubemizer

033456  is tubing downstream of the pump
used to be 5' now 8-1/2' to accommodate LT-70,  listed as 1/4" o.d.   
you can buy this about any hdwe or HD/Lowes cheap longer roll, stiff white tubing yes probably 1/8 or 5/32 i.d.

033446  is 3/8 i.d. x 9/16 od fiber reinforced hose for tank to filter to pump including bypass loop, 4 feet

DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

4x4American

Boy, back in my day..

Dave Shepard

ttllc is right. I remember using a 1/4" od push to connect fitting before I rerouted with a new line. I think I might have put a pic in the mods thread about it.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

terrifictimbersllc

mine gets into trouble when I make deep wide cuts.  Catches very easily. 
Not that often but mostly pierces the tube or breaks it.
Once I wasn't paying attention and it stretched out the tubing about 3 feet, it still worked but sure looked funny.

Peter Drouin

2" piece of a pen, will get you out of a fix.
Old W Pine will pitch up your blade more than fresh ones. And why are you going through so much wash fluid?
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

4x4American

The bottles are all over the place because I don't really do much with em...They are all over the place from last winter and this cold season lol
Boy, back in my day..

red

You can buy windshield washer concentrate . It's not  much cheaper but easier to keep on the shelf.  Any ethylene glycol can cause blindness or death . Use caution .
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

4x4American

Quote from: red on January 24, 2016, 06:25:48 PM
You can buy windshield washer concentrate . It's not  much cheaper but easier to keep on the shelf.  Any ethylene glycol can cause blindness or death . Use caution .

Is methanol related to ethylene glycol? 
Boy, back in my day..

Magicman

No.  Not the same at all.  Methanol is an alcohol also known as wood alcohol and is used in windshield antifreeze. 

Ethylene glycol is a completely different organic compound that was used in auto antifreeze.  I have never heard of anyone using auto antifreeze in their blade lube. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Percy

Quote from: Magicman on January 24, 2016, 09:12:09 PM
No.  Not the same at all.  Methanol is an alcohol also known as wood alcohol and is used in windshield antifreeze. 

Ethylene glycol is a completely different organic compound that was used in auto antifreeze.
You are the FF's resident chemist :D  On a somewhat related point, years ago my dog drank some glycol antifreeze and when I took him to the vet, he gave the dog alchohol to keep the glycol from killing him. Scary situation but the drunk dog survived. Once the scary part was over, the drunk dog was hilarious....
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

4x4American

Glad the dog made it.  Didn't they used to inject dogs with elthylene glycol to put them down?
Boy, back in my day..

red

Windshield washer fluid is a bright colored liquid made of methanol. Sometimes small amounts of other toxic alcohols such as ethylene glycol are added to the mix.
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

Thank You Sponsors!