iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

something new

Started by maple flats, August 27, 2009, 08:48:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maple flats

In my quest for self power I added an item in my arsenal today. Since in a power shortage gas would be hard to get and it stores poorly for long periods of time, I ordered a diesel generator today. I ordered a 7500 watt surge/6000 watt continuous genny. I have a 300 gal diesel tank that is always kept at 50% or more full and a 150 gal at another location, about 7/10 miles away with another 50-100 gal at most times, I figured this to be a good idea to go with my developing solar/wind alternative energy system. I have my first 150 watt solar panel arriving mid week, a charge controller and my semi pure sine wave inverter rated at 2500/5000 watt stackable ( more can be wired in as long as the wattages are the same, voltages can vary, so I could get 25,000 or even 50,000 watt banks) also coming next week. I will wire from the panel to the charger/batteries with heavy enough wire to handle about 3 more panels the same volts and watts for next year's expansion. Until then I will use the generator more often as needed, it has remote start. I am starting with only a 200 amp/hour battery bank but when the system needs to grow I will sell or re assign those batteries and add a new bank to handle a bigger load. I still have not completely decided if i will run onto the grid. Tax credits seem to only be available if grid tied but the $4,000 (I got a quote this year) to connect seems like some more solar equipment to me. And the intrigue of being free of the grid really sounds tempting                           
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

Thank You Sponsors!