iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Rain

Started by Bruno of NH, November 03, 2018, 12:51:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruno of NH

I don't remember a fall that we have gotten so much rain.
This is what the pond looks like.

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

thecfarm

Around here the brook was about 3 inches deep,a month ago. Now it's about a 4 feet,more the way it should be.
But it's been wet here for days. Will rain for a couple hours and than mist for 2 days,than rain for 2 hours and mist for 2 days. But that allows it to sink into the ground.  :)
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Bruno of NH

Same here Cfarm
Good for the folks with dug wells 
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

lxskllr

Fall seems about average around here; maybe a little wetter. Summer though; oof... I've never seen so much rain. One of our clients got a bunch of jobs, and they were all over small creeks. They had tens of thousands of dollars in extra pumps, and stuff was getting regularly washed away, from lumber to toolboxes. One job was a creek "restoration". Basically a realignment, and some added wetland features(don't get me started on this nonsense). It went from picture perfect beautiful, to a braided channel that looked nothing like the plans. It's still a nice looking creek, and really, better than the manufactured look, but it was all a waste of time. The whole summer was fighting water, and water always wins. I did get a compliment from a rodbuster. He said he's never seen a surveyor get muddy. That was a day I was past my knees in soupy mud trying to get an abutment laid out.

GRANITEstateMP

Yip Bruno, plenty of rain and water down here in Nottingham too!

Pretty sure a couple of corn fields we needed to chop looked like your pond!  
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

Jack Lilley

The water is high everywhere here in northern Maine as well and it's still pouring right now!

Roger2561

Here in Enfield when it rained, it poured!  I picked yesterday to install a door into my new mudroom.  Of course my rain gear was nice and dry...at work!  :-\  By the time my 2 brothers and I finished the install we were thoroughly soaked.  We decided to hold off on installing the rest of the siding until it gets a little nicer.  I think it was 10 minutes after we put all of the tools away that the rain finally stopped.  Roger
Roger

coxy

rain what are you guys talking about all I have been getting is liquid sunshine 

bill m

A neighbor of mine keeps a diary of weather and rainfall amounts. Here in Stockbridge Ma. we have had 32 inches of rain from mid July till the end of September and it hasn't stopped yet. Getting some amount of rain 2 or 3 days a week. Heavy rain last Friday and Saturday. More coming Monday and Tuesday.
NH tc55da Metavic 4x4 trailer Stihl and Husky saws

Mooseherder

We've received some nice downpours at night the last couple days.  It was much needed. :)

GRANITEstateMP

Bill M,

how's the 32in of rain compare to a n "average" year?

Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

bill m

Don't have the exact numbers but should be about 10 inches. We are 2.5 inches above normal just for the month of November. More heavy rain coming today and Friday. About 8 inches above normal for the year.
NH tc55da Metavic 4x4 trailer Stihl and Husky saws

crowhill

It is crazy weather! Rain again today, as Bruno said just can't catch a break. Fours years ago put in a landing/pad 200' x 200' for my "toys", it was terraced out of the side hill, trenched on the back side and covered with 35, 10 wheeler load of gavel pit tailings. Well the rain has washed the back grade into the trench so called for an excavator today to re-trench due to the water just laying on the pad. I was told to expect it due to being just clay but had hoped the vegetation would would hold it back longer. The cost of having toys!
TimberKing B-20, Kubota M-4900 w/FEL with tooth bar, hyd thumb and forks, Farmi winch, 4 chain saws.

Magicman

I am scheduled to saw tomorrow but the forecast says 80%.  I don't saw in the rain.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

timberking

I have quit keeping up with the totals.  Haven't had more than 2 rain free days since I can't remember.  Crews aren't working and our good ground isn't.  Starting to see some movement with the paper mills on pricing.

PAmizerman

Just checked the precip total ytd here in PA.
Just over 57 inches. The good news is it's supposed to quit raining. Bad news is it's only not raining because it's gonna be snowing.  >:( it's been a very soggy muddy year. 

It was a sad day today. I switched over to windshield wash for my lube so it won't freeze. :'(
Woodmizer lt40 super remote 42hp Kubota diesel. Accuset II
Hydraulics everywhere
Woodmizer edger 26hp cat diesel
Traverse 6035 telehandler
Case 95xt skidloader
http://byrnemillwork.com/
WM bms250 sharpener
WM bmt250 setter
and a lot of back breaking work!!

Thank You Sponsors!