iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

corona virus swab test

Started by thecfarm, June 04, 2020, 04:09:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

Oh what a feeling!! I think they stuck that swab up to my eyeballs!!! I know they have to do that. She had me sit on my hands so I would not hit her hand away from me. I can see why now. Kinda hurts a lot, but also a weird feeling. I am having some major breathing problems. I have breathing problems, but not for 4-5 days in a row. Can't even walk across the parking lot without being out of breath. Talking is hard too. The other night I cut a bucket full of wood and all was pretty good. Could not do that today. Wheezing too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Bruno of NH

I hope it's not the virus.
If not have them check for a blood clot in your lungs.
That's what it felt like when I had one.
Payers sent for you.
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

WV Sawmiller

cfarm,

Hope it all turns out well and you are back running on all 8 cylinders soon.

Your comment about about sitting on your hands so you could not hit the doctor reminded me of my uncle getting treated for hemorrhoids. He said the doctor had him drop trou around his ankles, bend over and he sprayed him with the most painful spray he ever felt. He said he tried to strangle the doctor but could not catch him with his pants around his ankles.

Also when I was working in Saudi my roommate was living with an Irish lady doctor and the first time she went to treat a man she did not know the cultural issues and went in alone and did a finger wave and she said he jumped up and ran but would trip over his pants every few feet and stop and pray then get up and try to run again. She was standing there with her jaw dropped trying to figure what was going on. 

Anyway get well soon.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Raider Bill

Quote from: WV Sawmiller on June 04, 2020, 05:12:27 PM

Your comment about about sitting on your hands so you could not hit the doctor reminded me of my uncle getting treated for hemorrhoids. He said the doctor had him drop trou around his ankles, bend over and he sprayed him with the most painful spray he ever felt. He said he tried to strangle the doctor but could not catch him with his pants around his ankles.

Wonder what he was spraying him with.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

barbender

Yeah I've had a hemorrhoid examination recently, WV. I knew I was in trouble when I entered the exam room and there was a nurse preparing what looked something like the "instruments of purification" that they disemboweled William Wallace with in the movie "Braveheart"😯😂 Kind of a tough deal to relax for👎👎

Ray, I had to have the Covid swab, too. They sure do stick that thing way in there. At least past a certain point, I couldn't really feel anything except a fairly intense burning situation.  Prayers for your recovery, whatever ails you!
Too many irons in the fire

Weekend_Sawyer

Man, I'm sorry for your troubles.
Get well soon.

Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

samandothers

Also when I was working in Saudi my roommate was living with an Irish lady doctor 
So..... WV does this mean you were at one time an Irish lady doctor?   ;D
thecfarm I hope you soon get over whatever is got you down!

thecfarm

I am on a self quarantine of about 5 days or until I get the results back from the test, which will be negative.  ;D  I have no fever, 98.7° when I was checked. They did a chest x ray too and my lungs too. Chest x ray came out fine, they just want to make sure I was not having heart problems, that's why the corona test was done too. They asked a ton of questions, touched and pressed and pushed on me, all seem fine. 
After the test comes back, I am off to see a lung doctor. 
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

21incher

Hope they figure out what's going on and you are feeling better soon. Our nephews wife recently had covid19 and she said the worst part was not being able to taste the food she ate.  So if your next juicy steak tastes like grits you are in trouble 😲.  Get well soon.
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

thecfarm

Negative on the cvoid19 test.  8) Got me on some large meds to get my lungs straighten out. Should feel better in a couple days. Still out of work until Wed.

barbender

Good deal, Ray!👍👍Even if it had been Corona, you probably would've slapped it around and sent it running for home😁
Too many irons in the fire

WV Sawmiller

Quote from: 21incher on June 05, 2020, 08:54:31 PM
Hope they figure out what's going on and you are feeling better soon. Our nephews wife recently had covid19 and she said the worst part was not being able to taste the food she ate.  So if your next juicy steak tastes like grits you are in trouble 😲.  Get well soon.
If that old dead cow meat tastes like grits it probably means you have completely recovered. :D

Glad you don't have the bug cfarm. Stay safe and get better soon.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

doc henderson

Raider, if they were about to lance the hemorrhoid, it may have been ethyl chloride spray (cold spray) to briefly numb the area.  the old good stuff was flammable, and made the area cold as it evaporated.  it is painful to an open wound.  we use it before putting a staple in a scalp wound.  they now have non-flammable that of course does not work as well.  Ray, we joke a little that they should make a swab to test for covid 19, and at the same time screen for colon cancer.  the high false negative rate is in part from some folks not doing an adequate collection.  WV what does the finger wave mean in the Saudi culture?  I could guess and not sure you can print it here.  Ray I hope they get you fixed up.  best regards, Doc.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

thecfarm

I had the prostate checked once. I would rather have that done.  I think I had these same meds about 10 years ago. made me feel like a 20 year old. They work fast and good.

doc henderson

must be a steroid.  might even put on some weight.  maybe the lung doc can help you prevent further episodes.  good luck!
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

WV Sawmiller

@doc henderson 

I am in pain just reading and thinking about lancing a hemorrhoid and cold spray that burns later is a bit much. :o

I always called a rectal exam/prostate check a finger wave. I thought that was a common and readily understood term. headscratch BTW - are Any of your doctor friends looking for a missing ring? :D
Howard Green

doc henderson

lots of med humor, but of course it is no joy for the doc either.  I thought there might be a bit of Saudi culture I should know.  as an example I never extend my hand to a women wearing a head scarf, unless they offer.  especially if they have their arms folded across their chest.  If you start pooping out wedding rings, I would just take them to a pawn shop, and find different doctors!!!  

thecfarm

prednisone and azithromycin is what I am taking. Starting to kick in all ready. I am not wheezing!!!!!
Still have a real bad cough. Boy when I start, I can't stop. Last night, well morning,2am, I went on for a ½ hour. That's why the E room visit today. Had a couple bouts that went on for 15 minutes after I got back home. Get rid of them and I will feel a lot better, Those coughing spells take a lot out of me.
Lung Dr for sure. I use to have one, would go every month or whatever it was, that was 10 years ago. Than I quit the job that was causing all my problems and my breathing improved, so I told him I did not need you anymore. Fast forward 10 years and I need someone.  ;)  :) I will be going to same network, so they can check my records in the last few days. Maybe only see him once a year, that would be great if I could do that. I have no idea what triggered this, but want to found out why. I suspect a lot of tests are coming. Probably the same ones I had 10 years ago

When the Dr first came in, I was just about asleep on the bed, I have been doing a lot of that lately, and I had my mask off so I could breath better, and told me rather harshly to get that mask on, as he stood by the door. Which I understand fully why. Guilty until proven innocent, with this virus.   :( :)

The Dr in the E room was feeling my legs and even felt the bruise when I walked into a customer's trailer hitch. He started to pull up my pant leg, rather quickly and I told him that's just a bruise from a trailer hitch.

Than I was tested again and the results would be back in about 1½ hours, Well after about 1¼ hours, he comes into the room, again mask off and I was kinda sleeping and he did not wait by the door, just comes right up to my bed and did not have the covid19 gear on and I started to smile. I knew the test came back negative before he said it.

Ianab

Glad to hear it's just a "normal" lung infection, not particularly dangerous, a known condition, and the Drs have some useful medications to treat it. 

I can understand them taking precautions, as that's the most likely way a "mild" case of Covid19 would show up as well.  
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Ed_K

Ray, I had the same problems in Dec-Jan. Turned out to be a bad case of bronchitis. End of Dec they finally made it go away. In Jan I got again when I went to H.D. for a piece of ply wood.I was wearing my mask (wear it any time I in town cause of my cancer) but I think I got it again from touching something in there and not using hand sanitizer when I came out of there. I didn't not like the coughing bouts at all.
Ed K

SwampDonkey

Well, I hope you are doing well today and they get you straightened out. You got a lot of rocks to move yet. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

On the rocks.  :D  Will never get them all moved. Need dynamite for starters. Than a something to move the pieces with.
Still not doing good. Got into to see a Dr!!! I have high blood pressure, meds for that. I have/had acid reflex, meds for that. Tried to get me on a daily drug for my COPD, Anora, over $300 for out of pocket for me.  :o I will call him tomorrow and see what he can do about that. Maybe free samples, reduced drug card. There is something out there.
He wants to see me in 2 weeks. He said I will get you straighten out in time. Blood work too, maybe sugar, maybe something he saw?

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: thecfarm on June 08, 2020, 05:57:33 PMTried to get me on a daily drug for my COPD, Anora, over $300 for out of pocket for me.  :o I will call him tomorrow and see what he can do about that. Maybe free samples, reduced drug card. There is something out there.
Regarding that drug. Get on google and search for 'Anora Cupons', I think you will find something that helps. Read the requirements, I think you may fit them. The discounts can be HUGE in these programs. Check it out.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

thecfarm

Yes I did, pharmacy guy says maybe $100. I saw that too, max is $900 a year. Waiting on an email as we speak.
I use to get another brand for free,10 years ago, different job, different insurance. The name brand is what kills my co pay. Get a genic name one for almost nothing. Put a brand name and it goes through the roof.

thecfarm

Well I have type 2 diabetes, picked up meds for that and a twice daily drug for my COPD and walked out without paying anything!!! There, I knew there was a way. Only took a phone call and a few hours and all set.  ;D
So I have a line up of meds to take each morning.  :o   Which I don't mind. Eating habits will change. I do eat good, just have to do better on eating the "white" stuff. Lots of wheat stuff out there to eat.

SwampDonkey

Sometimes you need a kick in the.........and  a sassing from the misses 'don't do that no more'. :D :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

What a difference 10 days make. I am up and running!! Well not running as in running on two legs, but running on all 8 cylinders.  :D  I am feeling fantastic!!! I know now that this has been going on for a while. I have more energy and I don't fall a sleep watching the news now.

doc henderson

Glad to hear you feel better!  some of that may be the steroids talking.  some cannot sleep when they are on the "rhoids"! :)  although these are anti-inflammatory, and not the anabolic type (testosterone) which can cause all sorts of problems like rage!

thecfarm

Yes I know about the rholds, but did not feel this good when I was on them. Been off them for 3-4 days now. I can work without huffing and puffing. As I said, I should of been on meds for COPD. I betcha those other meds I take each morning helps too.  ;)

Bruno of NH

Ray
I have type 2 also
I'm obese and have changed my eating habits. 
It helps A ton.
If you do it you might get off the meds.
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

SwampDonkey

Well, hopefully you won't fall off the saddle for awhile now. The next time it could be a harder fall. ;)

Jeff

Did some one mention eating? :)

You take care of yourself Ray. Feeling better is a great way to feel.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Jim_Rogers

I got tested today. No symptoms, just wanted to be checked. News shows say everyone should be tested. So I got an appointment and got the test. I knew about the long swab, but I didn't know he had to hold it in there for 5 seconds. That part was not fun at all. And doing both nostrils. 
Won't get results for 5 days or so. Maybe less.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Jim_Rogers

I got my results today, as expected negative.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

thecfarm

thecfarm

Been more than a month since all this has started.
I am feeling fantastic, mighty fantastic.  ;D
I take a fist full of pills each morning and watch what I eat and I am up and going!!
No wonder people died in their 50's 100 years ago.
We had a big grain order about a week ago,19 bags at 50 pounds each and everyone was busy so I had to do it myself. I did not jump and bull at it, just a steady pace and I loaded all 19 bags all by myself. That is almost a half ton of grain.  ;)  1000 pounds!!!
Been working around the house and I feel fantastic!!!
I am back!!!!

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

gspren

Ray, do you remember when feed came in 100 lb bags? 20-25 years ago when I bought goat and pig feed it was 100 lb bags then about 15 or so years ago they switched to 50 lbs.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

SwampDonkey

I remember 100 lb feed bags. I also remember handling trailer loads of 100 lb potato sacks to. And way back, I remember us handling them darn things 3 times. Piled on the floor off the rack, piled onto a tandem truck and then piled onto a rail car. I don't miss them days. :D

Then I remember we had pallets. And that was a game in itself. We'd have new pallets loaded and some truck would come in with a load of junker pallets. Then the next guy might have new ones, and he wasn't gonna swap, the potatoes had to be piled over. That crap went on all the time.

Magicman

Our fertilizer also came in 100 pound sacks.  It's hard for me to imagine how I could handle those sacks and at the time I weighed less than 125 pounds.  :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

I can remember 100 pounds of grain. But I also remember I was too little to lift that much. I forgot when it went to 50 pounds. 

SwampDonkey

My grandfather always reminded me of carrying those canvas back cedar ribbed fishing canoes before people used trailers and racks to back down to the river. They are heavy. That was before outboards, you poled up and paddled down.

petefrom bearswamp

Linda and I are headed to town to get tested this AM
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

doc henderson

good luck Pete and Linda!  when I was 13, I wrestled 98 and did not have to loose weight.  I worked for F&A wholesale and loaded 100 pound bags of sugar.  hard to wrangle due to the tiny granular contents.  no way to pick it up that it did not try to move around your hands to the ground.

Banjo picker

I remember handling the 50 pound sacks of fertilizer 3 at a time.  No more.  There was a fertilizer plant in Cherokee Al.  Dad would pickup a 2 ton flatbed truck load and we would store it in a corn crib for use when needed.  He had a buddy that worked there and he could buy it through him at a better price.  When fertilizing the pastures he put it out in a seed sower. Hold about 25 pounds at a time.  I would fill it when he came back to the truck.  First thing I did when I started bringing the pastures back was buy a 300 lb. fertilizer dist. for the tractor.  I came up hard but proud of it.  Tim
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

petefrom bearswamp

Thanks doc we will hear in 3 to 5 days, sooner if positive.,
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Ricker

Every year, this time of the year something blooms I am allergic to, and it clogs my chest and sinus up.  I go see the doc get a prescription and an inhaler and I will be good to go in 3-4 days. No so easy this year, before they would let me go, after they gave the yearly script, to cover their butt I had the choice of a 10 day self quarantine or a Covid test with results in 3 days. So I had this swab test today, not that fun of a time.  Thought the swab was going to come out my left eye the way it was twitching and tearing up. 

stavebuyer

The swab is nothing to look forward too and doesn't mean you didn't contract the disease while waiting in line to get tested

thecfarm

I was not in a line for mine. 
Lines in Maine?? 

Ricker

No line in Augusta.  Personal service, doc came right to the truck ,she checked me out gave me the test and was gone, other than the doc, no one got within 30 feet of me.

Ianab

That's how it was done here, drive up and call reception when you are in the car park.  Nurse or Doc in PPE does the swab in the car park, and you carry on. Don't need to go into the building or talk to anyone else. When things were serious they had drive thru tents out in the car park. 

Issues seems to be the backlog in processing tests. (limited lab capacity?) If you don't know you are positive for 5-7 days, heck in that time your family could have come down with it too, AND spread it to others. Find out in 24 hours, then you can warn your close contacts to isolate / get tested BEFORE they spread it on. 
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

gspren

I'll need to get the virus test middle of August before a routine colonoscopy that was postponed back in May, the CV test must be taken 5 days before the butt scope, not 4 days or 6 days but must be 5 days, they were very clear on that.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

doc henderson

yes the goal is to do it soon enough to get the results back, so covid is not brought to the hospital for a routine test, but with a small enough gap, given the incubation period to not get exposed after the cv test and be contagious at the time of the colonoscopy.

stavebuyer

Quote from: gspren on July 28, 2020, 02:06:13 PM
I'll need to get the virus test middle of August before a routine colonoscopy that was postponed back in May, the CV test must be taken 5 days before the butt scope, not 4 days or 6 days but must be 5 days, they were very clear on that.
That was the reason for my swab test(colonoscopy) but they wanted the swab test done Tue for a Thursday morning procedure even though the paperwork read 4-6 days like yours. I got my colonoscopy on the schedule in a weeks time. The morning they did mine the prep nurse told me I was the only one on my surgeons schedule that day. Two years ago all 3 of the surgeons in their practice had the whole ward lined up. Glad I got done before they shut down electives again. Got a clean report...5 year follow up this go round! Won't miss the prep on darn bit LOL

Sedgehammer

Got my covid test yesterday for my surgery this mornin. Nasal swab. What a head rush. Doesn't hurt really, but overwhelms your senses. Tear'd me up, head wood spin. Then I donated blood since I was off my asprin for an antibody test.
Our friends who were pretty sick this spring had their blood tested. They tested positive with antibodies. Kinda weird though, we watched their baby boy through it all and we never came down with anything.
Necessity is the engine of drive

thecfarm

Had some blood work done today. A1C. Much better this time, 6.9!!!
Three months ago it was 8.9.  :o
Whatever I am doing, I will keep doing it.   ;D

mike_belben

Quote from: Raider Bill on June 04, 2020, 05:25:50 PM

doctor had him drop trou around his ankles, bend over and he sprayed him with the most painful spray he ever felt. 

Wonder what he was spraying him with.
Glyphosate.  Sounds like it worked too!
Praise The Lord

Thank You Sponsors!