iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Anyone else getting ready to start this years veggie plants?

Started by 21incher, March 02, 2021, 11:07:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

21incher

Well it's all in. Made a walk around video to test a new wireless microphone today so it not the best. Have to get the settings right and move the mic next time but it is very clear up to 600 ft from the camera.
Garden 2021 Part6 All Planted Lets Walk Around - YouTube
First cool day in 2 weeks and haven't had any rain in a couple weeks so lots of watering.
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

mike_belben

Someday when i am as old and dull as you guys i will have a hydro grow lab full of garden seedlings. 

;D ;D :snowball:

Just kidding, im envious.  

This is the latest ive ever waited to plant and im hoping it pays off.  Our growing season is so long and ive been so busy i figured whats the rush.  Im not putting in a ton of effort this year.  If it takes it takes and if not i dont care. 

I think i have waited out the early flea beetle onslaught, and last year during june bug mating i went on once or twice daily jungle raids to spot spray the little humpers with sevin squirts wherever they were meeting up, which was mostly the blackberry thickets.  Yuge difference in the subteranean white grub prevalence this year.  Im hoping to liquidate their forces after a few subsequent seasons of guerilla warfare.   Keeps the sevin out of my food atleast. 
Praise The Lord

stavebuyer

SwampDonkey

Transplanted my new mater sets into bigger dishes. Planted 8 cuke seeds for setting out to be ready ahead of those sewn in the garden. Cukes I use for seed will mature in 45 days, grow 10-12" long. Burpless and English style. I had some cukes like zucchini size last summer. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

21incher

I have a craving  for potato salad now. Those  fresh dug ones are so sweet. 

Swamp Donkey we switched from the English cukes to Soyo Long Cukes. They are more bug resistant in our area.

Mike someday you will be old and empty nest. That's when there's plenty of time for hobbies that bore young kids. FLEA BEETLES are the only enemy I can't beat naturally. Tried  neem and it worked  for a while then it was like they developed a taste  for it and it became  salad dressing for them. Tried  Captain Jack's that worked a couple  weeks then they started liking  it. I think all the chemicals  the big farms around us use is creating  super bugs.
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

SwampDonkey

Quote from: 21incher on May 26, 2021, 04:59:34 PM

Swamp Donkey we switched from the English cukes to Soyo Long Cukes. They are more bug resistant in our area.
I don't get cucumber beetles in my upper garden. They will hit them in the lower garden, so I keep them where the bugs ain't. ;D The beetle will hit squash and beans down there, so I cover those until they get to size with floating fabric. :)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

I never see flee beetles until the end of summer, they will hit basal and grape leaves. Only seen them last two years, never had them before. A lot of our bugs hitch a ride from nurseries poorly kept. But plant stress sends a signal to bugs to.

GarlicGuy

I'm just crossing my fingers for two more days. They forecast a low of 38 tonight, I'm usually a few degrees lower than that. Go figure that the low was 58 this morning and a high yesterday of 93. The plants are begging to be transplanted. 

SwampDonkey

Set out a couple new Canadian red rhubarb root balls this afternoon, just arrived by mail. We have all kinds of ground moisture here this spring for starting trees, shrubs.....and rhubarb. ;D

21incher

We have been at 43 degrees all day today with a windchill  in the 30s. I am hoping  everything survives. 

mike_belben

flea beetles ripping up my potatoes already.  Torched a gang of red aphids yesterday.  We finally got a blast of cool rain to break up a bit of drought.  Its down to 72 in the house and i feel cold!  First cut of hay was very short due to a hot dry spring. 
Praise The Lord

GarlicGuy

I'm getting jealous up here with all your plants and gardens. Tonight should be our last chance of frost. This morning it was 31 degrees and another warning of frost overnight then it will be clear sailing. Stay warm!

SwampDonkey

Thank You Sponsors!