iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Help with hydraulic fitting

Started by Dan_Shade, June 25, 2021, 07:08:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan_Shade

I "upgraded" the disconnect on my LT-40 several years ago, and just bought another tank.  I'd like to find another of these adapters.

I can't find what it is in my files...

Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Dan_Shade

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

LeeB

'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Dan_Shade

I'm hoping someone may know the brand and/or style so that I can find a mating one.

The o-rings are different in these from the others that I looked at. 

terrifictimbersllc

I've attached the parts you've shown  from woodmizer for the LT40 Super/70 Super plastic diesel tanks.
The second one item 5 is the female that connects to the hose.  The first one item 4 goes into the tank.
The first number for each is the wwomizer part number. 
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Dan_Shade

Are the ones on the diesel engines metal? 

I swapped out the factory ones because they would get stuck.

What I have is way better, I just don't know what I have.   ::)

moodnacreek

Just figure out your pipe thread size and buy a new quick disconnect at a farm store.

terrifictimbersllc

Quote from: Dan_Shade on June 25, 2021, 08:54:04 PM
Are the ones on the diesel engines metal?

I swapped out the factory ones because they would get stuck.

What I have is way better, I just don't know what I have.   ::)
They look exactly like the parts you showed in your post above. I've been using these for about 20 years now and they don't get stuck.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Dan_Shade

Thanks, that's probably what I have...

Dan_Shade

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

Chuck White

You can also get those quick disconnect fittings from places that sell boating supplies!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

maple flats

I've had good success taking a fitting or hose to a place that specializes in hydraulics and universal joints. They seem to be able to match up anything.
For hydraulic couplers by far I prefer flat face couplers, they just work far better than what you get at most farm equipment dealers, unless they are also Bobcat dealers. I own nothing made by Bobcat, but their couplers excell.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

maple flats

In fact I just added hydraulics to the thumb on my excavator. I just removed a hose in the circuit I'm tapping into and a hose where it attaches to the excavator. Turned out a good thing, the machine had both SAE and Metric connections, I didn't realize that when I started. Everything now is SAE except the connections where it taps into the excavator, those have metric ends on the hoses that tie into the excavator hydraulics.
Now I just need to wait 1 more day, until a fuse holder arrives tomorrow.
My excavator will then have one valve that can do either of 2 functions as needed. It has an electric solenoid valve, to switch between boom offset and hydraulic thumb.
The hydraulics place knew exactly what I needed when I showed them the parts I had and told then how long each of the hoses needed to be. They made them to fit my equipment.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

Thank You Sponsors!