iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wood mizer Indianapolis resharp

Started by CCCLLC, August 27, 2021, 04:00:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CCCLLC

Ask for shipping labels 2 weeks ago, no show. Albemarle  is slammed and do a great job but slammed. Option for ship to Indiana? Thanks

Magicman

I am having a reasonable turnaround with Georgia ReSharp; about three week from shipping to receiving.  I normally keep one or two boxes of 10 somewhere in the resharpening process. 

There must be a blade shortage because the last two 'rejects' were not replaced.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Patrick NC

A friend of mine gets 120 blades a month sharpened at Albemarle and the last batch had about half that were still dull. Tips rounded and shiny. He's looking for other options too. 
Norwood HD36, Husky 372xp xtorq, 550xp mk2 , 460 rancher, Kubota l2501, Case 1845 skid steer,

Magicman

My first response would be to make a call. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

MartyParsons

Hello , 
  We sharpen blades at our location at Pennsylvania Wood Mizer. We went from 7 to 8 weeks and now around 4 to 5 weeks. Son Nathan and Rich have been working overtime. They went from 700 blades a week to over 1000 blades a week. One customer delivered 720 blades which we delivered a few weeks ago!
You can give us a call.
Thanks 
Marty
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

Brad_bb

Woodmizer INdy was nearing catching up in resharp.  The time was less last time I dropped off.  Call them and find out what happened with shipping labels.  
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

booman

MM, I spoke to Lee at Georgia Resharp and he said he cant get replacement blades so doesn't have any right now.
2019 LT15G25WIDE, 2013 LT35HDG25, Stihl MS880 with 59" bar with Alaskan sawmill attachment.  John Deere 5045 tractor with forks, bucket and grapple.  Many chainsaws.

jb616

Quote from: Brad_bb on August 27, 2021, 10:49:03 PM
Woodmizer INdy was nearing catching up in resharp.  The time was less last time I dropped off.  Call them and find out what happened with shipping labels.  
Mine only took about 2 weeks at Indy...

TimW

Quote from: Magicman on August 27, 2021, 06:10:15 PM
I am having a reasonable turnaround with Georgia ReSharp; about three week from shipping to receiving.  I normally keep one or two boxes of 10 somewhere in the resharpening process.  

There must be a blade shortage because the last two 'rejects' were not replaced.
Last two boxes of blades to Georigia ReSharp had total of 4 blade rejects and no new blades.  I called about it and was told they had no new blades.  I told them they owe me 4 replacement blades at the ReSharp price.  Maybe if I get enough credit for a new box of blades.......Indy will send me a whole new box!  One can wish.  At this rate............5-6 more resharps and I will need to buy a new box.  I only have 3 boxes of blades.
hugs, Brandi
Mahindra 6520 4WD with loader/backhoe and a Caterpiller E70 Excavator.  My mill is a Woodmizer LT40HD Wide 35hp Yanmar Diesel. An old Lull 644D-34 called Bull

Bruno of NH

I use turbo 7's all summer in the winter frost notch bands. 
This is one reason I don't put my bands in one wagon when buying them.
I learned this in business as a contractor. Keep your options open.
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

TimW

Quote from: Bruno of NH on August 31, 2021, 07:01:08 AM
I use turbo 7's all summer in the winter frost notch bands.
This is one reason I don't put my bands in one wagon when buying them.
I learned this in business as a contractor. Keep your options open.
What is a frost notch band?
        hugs,  Brandi
Mahindra 6520 4WD with loader/backhoe and a Caterpiller E70 Excavator.  My mill is a Woodmizer LT40HD Wide 35hp Yanmar Diesel. An old Lull 644D-34 called Bull

Southside

Those are not legal to own in Texas.   :D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Nebraska

Its kind of a north of I-70 thing, double peaked blade teeth helps to make sawing frozen logs better.  There's  folks that can explain it better. 

TimW

Quote from: Southside on August 31, 2021, 02:15:01 PM
Those are not legal to own in Texas.   :D
Oh, then I want at least 1.
hugs,  Brandi

Bruno of NH

They cut great in the summer as well.
I ran one today and one yesterday.
I'm trying out some that Cooks makes so I have 2 options for purchase this fall.
I liked them , I will order a box. 
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

mtmeatpole

Marty in PA does a good job for me and if there is a problem he fixes it quickly and properly

Thank You Sponsors!